The VG Resource

Full Version: so im going to chinatown again today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah i'm going to the nyc chinatown (cue chinamusic)

but yes i'm going to the chinatown fair arcade again where it turns out most of the big names in MVC2 would play (incl. yipes. fuck the knicks where yo curleh moustache)

pix if i can get them, mainly coz i wanna take pix of their meltyblood actress again cabinet that no one really believed me on heh. i'm on the hunt too for sin and punishment 1 for N64 but hell if i can actually cop that

and details. incl. peanut butter and jelly flavored ice cream
(05-07-2010, 06:20 AM)birry hatcher Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i'm going to the nyc chinatown (cue chinamusic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JULh7inCnbk
(05-07-2010, 06:20 AM)birry hatcher Wrote: [ -> ]ymainly coz i wanna take pix of their meltyblood actress again cabinet

ASDF FUCK YES YOU BETTER TAKE PICTURES BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE IT SO BAD ASDFGHJKLRFTRFYGHJERFDCUYHJREFDUIJK
hideously enough it's the only thing i could get a picture of in that arcade. i'm playing nmh2 right now so i'mma be on and off taking forever to post here

i don't think you're supposed to take pictures of stuff in there

but holy shit that arcade got even more legendary than before.
I wrote down all the machines I saw there. Shit's mind boggling.

-DDR Supernova
-In the Groove 2
-Marvel VS Capcom 1 and 2
-Terminator Salvation

...ok, you ready for the rest? get a change of pants coz you might shit yourself.

-ALL 3 STREET FIGHTER 3'S - First one, Giant Attack, Third Strike. ALL ORIGINAL CABINETS
-SNK VS Capcom Chaos
-King of Fighters 94, 95, 98, 2000
-Rage of the Dragons [WHAT THE FUCK!]
-Metal Slug 4
-Samurai Shodown 2 and 3
-Initial D Fourth Stage
-Capcom VS SNK 2
-Street Fighter Alpha 3
-Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
-Marvel Super Heroes [FDJKSFDSK]
-Giga Wing
-Guilty Gear Accent Core
-Street Fighter 4 - two cabinets linked up to one another
-DJ Max TECHNIKA [Another Korean Bemani, this game is like Elite Beat Agents for your fingers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeOO6wkiUHc. The song Supersonic is one giant S4 League cameo, rofl]
-The Rumble Fish 2 [when I saw this I was like ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I played it and actually beat asses 'coz no one knows how to play it]
-Tekken 6
-Melty Blood Actress Again
-Blazblue Continuum Shift

and the real mind-blower

not one
not two
but 3 SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 CABINETS
WHAT THE HOLY EVERLASTING FUCK? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

well it's easy lol, the cabinets are custom built and hold an xbox 360 inside and they're hooked up to a nice-ass hi-res monitor. the controllers are custom-built/rewired into two platforms where joysticks and six buttons reside. each machine takes tokens: 1 25c token for 3 minutes on the machine. Which isn't bad since you're literally getting a good ten minutes in with the machine on a dollar. I couldn't get a picture of these, unfortunately - not because I didn't think flash photography was allowed, but i didn't want to impede on everyone else's privacy and the monitors would've looked like ass

a quick video walkthrough by some dude - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R-lT8qkEGQ. keep in mind the KOFXII machine is now an SSF4 machine.
they also don't have the Guitar Hero arcade machine there anymore. kinda glad tbh though

but yes
this place rocks so fucking hard
tyvon, come to new york and we'll take a trip and then get our asses handed to us by serious players
[my cammy in SFA3 got fucking MUTILATED today - but it held up pretty well in SSF4, no shocker there]
I'll post a pic of the MBAA machine when I feel like it, it's actually just an empty Naomi cabinet that used to house Arcana Heart 2 with an MBAA banner slid in the top - I'd rather it'd have Akatsuki Blitzkampf Auf Ausche...i would have publicly masturbated if so
what is MVC2
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

"The mediocre one". It's been ported to XBLA.
(05-07-2010, 06:37 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2010, 06:20 AM)birry hatcher Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i'm going to the nyc chinatown (cue chinamusic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JULh7inCnbk
oh man this song

my pants are wet now
where are the photos?
dude that place sounds fucking kilelr as shit

come pick me the fuck up and elts fucking go the re riegh tnow

soryr if my typgin si sshityt im goign to bed righ tnow ims ofuckingh exhausted hHAHAAHAH