The VG Resource

Full Version: Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Offical site: http://rm2.namco-ch.net/
Release Date: Janurary 29, 2009 (Japan)

Announced not too long ago, the sequel to RM on the PSP, featuring new characters not in the original. It's also been said that 50 characters will be appearing while 49 of them will be playable.

[Image: 11_1.jpg]

Looks better than the first RM, yeah?

New Characters confirmed so far:
Cless Alvein (Phantasia)
Mint Adnade (Phantasia)
Suzu Fujibayashi (Phantasia)
Mighty Kongman (Destiny)
Lilith Aileron (Destiny)
Farah Oersted (Eternia)
Keele Zeibel (Eternia)
Chat (Eternia)
Kyle Dunamis (Destiny 2)
Reala (Destiny 2)
Colette Brunell (Symphonia)
Zelos Wilder (Symphonia)
Presea Combatir (Symphonia)
Veigue Lungberg (Rebirth)
Mao (Rebirth)
Claire Bennett (Rebirth) (NPC)
Chloe Valens (Legendia)
Jade Curtiss (Abyss)
Guy Cecil (Abyss)
Anise Tatlin (Abyss)
Asch the Bloody (Abyss)
Caius Qualls (Tempest)
Rubia Natwick (Tempest)
Ruca Milda (Innocence)
Iria Animi (Innocence)
Spada Belforma (Innocence)
Yuri Lowell (Vesperia)
Estelle (Vesperia)

Returning Characters:
All characters from the previous game; Tales NPCs + Kanonno is now playable.

Rumored Appearances:
Barbatos Goetia (Destiny 2)
Dhaos (Phantasia)

New Character Classes:
Dual Swordsman
Broad Swordsman
Pirate
Monk
Paladin

New Gameplay Mechanics:
-Slot System: You're able to equipt 12 artes into a total of three artes list. This is obviously for people who love making comboes.
-Infinity Jam: When your Overlimit bar is filled, you can activate this. Time stops for all enemies, and you can make large combo strings, and switch characters on the fly. The longer your combo, the longer
Infinity Jam lasts.
-AI Settings: Be much more specific with what you want your CPU controlled allies to do. Think FF12, I guess.
-Improved Mystic Artes: MAs no longer look like shit; all Tales characters with a MA have a cut-in and custom characters have their class emblem.
-Arena: Self-explanitory. Take your party and fight matches in the arena, including special fights against Tales characters. You can also pick the battle theme from a large list of past battle themes.
-Equipment: You can now change the equipment of the Tales characters.
(07-07-2008, 11:27 AM)Angelglory Wrote: [ -> ]Offical site: http://rm2.namco-ch.net/

Announced not too long ago, the sequel to RM on the PSP, featuring new characters not in the original.

[Image: 11_1.jpg]

Looks better than the first RM, yeah?

New Characters confirmed so far:
Cress Albane (Phantasia)
Chat (Eternia)
Presea Combatir (Symphonia)
Veigue Lungberg (Rebirth)
Guy Cecil (Abyss)
Caius Qualls (Tempest)
Spada Belforma (Innocence)
Yuri Lowell (Vesperia)

Returning Characters:
Chester Barklight (Phantasia)
Arche Klaine (Phantasia)
Stahn Aileron (Destiny)
Rutee Katrea (Destiny)
Leon Magnus (Destiny)
Reid Hershel (Eternia)
Nanaly Fletch (Playable) (Destiny 2)
Lloyd Irving (Symphonia)
Genis Sage (Symphonia)
Raine Sage (Symphonia)
Kratos Aurion (Symphonia)
Eugene Gallardo (Rebirth)
Senel Coolidge (Legendia)
Luke fon Fabre (Short hair) (Abyss)
Tear Grants (Abyss)

It's also been said that 50 characters will be appearing while 49 of them will be playable.

This game looks like it would be a LOT of fun! Glad I'm getting a PSP this Christmas!

Too bad it doesn't come out in the US for a long time...
Nice Bump. =D
Eh, may as well update this then. I added all of the characters revealed so far as to my knowledge. I'll be adding gameplay features as well as I remember what they are.
Wouldn't get a PSP for even this. It's coo', but juss' not worth a PSP.

Also, Chat is awesome.
Here we go

New Gameplay Mechanics:
-Slot System: You're able to equipt 12 artes into a total of three artes list. This is obviously for people who love making comboes.
-Infinity Jam: When you Overlimit bar is filled, you can activate this. Time stops for all enemies, and you can make large combo strings, and switch characters on the fly. The longer your combo, the longer
Infinity Jam lasts.
-AI Settings: Be much more specific with what you want your CPU controlled allies to do. Think FF12, I guess.
-Improved Mystic Artes: MAs no longer look like shit; all Tales characters with a MA have a cut-in and custom characters have their class emblem.
-Arena: Self-explanitory. Take your party and fight matches in the arena, including special fights against Tales characters. You can also pick the battle theme from a large list of past battle themes.
Okay, MAYBE it's worth borrowing a PSP for..........
(11-18-2008, 11:37 AM)Angelglory Wrote: [ -> ]Here we go

New Gameplay Mechanics:
-Infinity Jam: When you Overlimit bar is filled, you can activate this. Time stops for all enemies, and you can make large combo strings, and switch characters on the fly. The longer your combo, the longer
Infinity Jam lasts.

I just came hard.

It'll be good to see new, sarcastic comments from Jade. =3
Is it bad i've never played a tales game besides Symphonia?
Yes. Very bad.
all the tales of rock
and and gonna buy this one as soon as its out because i will get a psp i dont know when but me and my brothers agreed yay