The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Kingdom Hearts 2 Gauges (critique desired)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been working on this for quite a long time and I keep getting comments that it's not good enough. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I changed so many things on it more than once and people still say it's no good. I'd really like to know, straight up, what's wrong with it. I'm more than willing to accept direct criticism so check it out and tell me what you all think is wrong.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/Su...alV2-1.png
You used the circle tool, didn't you?
this isn't even a sprite, for one.
Neon green MS Paint colors are never a good idea either.
[x] "custom" is in thread title
[x] member is unknown or new
[x] image is either in a link or attachment

havent looked at the sprites or a single post in this thread other than the first and i feel extremely confident in saying they're horrible customs, edits, or not sprites/pixel art
Well unfortunatley I don't have alot to work with. I only have MS Paint to work in this sort of thing and I keep trying to improve it. And yes oB2Ko I did because I tried it by hand and it looked terrible.
(05-05-2010, 02:52 PM)Super Missile Wrote: [ -> ]Well unfortunatley I don't have alot to work with. I only have MS Paint to work in this sort of thing and I keep trying to improve it. And yes oB2Ko I did because I tried it by hand and it looked terrible.
oh boy i get to rehash a post

gonna fix it up first give me a second
Uhhhh, we all use mspaint. Doesn't excuse why they are not that great.
(05-05-2010, 02:52 PM)Super Missile Wrote: [ -> ]Well unfortunatley I don't have alot to work with. I only have MS Paint to work in this sort of thing and I keep trying to improve it. And yes oB2Ko I did because I tried it by hand and it looked terrible.
WHAT TIME IS IT??????

ADVENTURE TEXT WALL TIME!!!!!!

Using "i made it in mspaint, so of course it's going to be bad" as an excuse is one of those excuses that bug me almost as much as the "it's my first one" excuse. If it's bad, why post it? Seriously, why make something that you know is complete garbage, POINT OUT the fact that it's complete garbage, and then have the balls to expect something other than people agreeing that it's complete trash?

I will never understand why so many people do this. Do you expect us to suddenly have a change of heart when you let out the secret that it's made in ms paint? Do you think that you'll magically get better at spriting and just completely disregard quality control in anything you make until you hit that magical moment where you find "Hey, I don't suck anymore even though I've done nothing to bring on this change in talent!"?

Really, explain this to me. I'd love to see one of the thousands of people with the claim, just because it's their first time making something "it's going to suck" back that claim up. What about the people who have a natural talent for something, surely the first time they try that thing out, they wouldn't suck at it? Maybe you're just trying to backpedal out of improving? Maybe you're just fishing for compliments? Maybe you're just a 9 year old kid who's too incompetent to read the part of the terms of registration that say YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO REGISTER?

Whatever the case, stop using bullshit excuses.
This goes for every poster who behaves like you(Iceman404 and Pikmin Awesomeness,Cypher The Hedgehog), not just you.
p.s. if you're not even going to bother reading my post, i encourage you to fuck off and leave tsr completely

seriously
[Image: 1266620358085.jpg]

okay there you go made it a bit more relevant to this thread have fun
I have to agree with 1up's post here completely even though the Ellen DeGenerious saying "Fuck off" while brushing her teeth might have been a bit much.
its a rehashed post from another thread we dont all have perfect quality control kat v______________v
Dude, no. If you aren't even capable to use MS Paint, then don't even bother trying to switch to a more complex software. And no, getting Photoshop or what have you will not turn you into a great spriter either.
Man, you guys are being turds. The kid still has the mentality of daring to state that paint sucks, sure. Horrible error, yes, but "to forgive is divine !", as they say.
Let's say your circles edges are too rudimentary. Smooth 'em out. Your colors are badly chosen. Rechoose them. Paint's default colors = Not good.
Study everything, every image, every technique, every tutorial to improve your sprite.
Come back when you're ready.
(05-05-2010, 03:05 PM)Lunyka Wrote: [ -> ]I have to agree with 1up's post here completely even though the Ellen DeGenerious saying "Fuck off" while brushing her teeth might have been a bit much.

you didn't read the whole post

the picture was saying that if we has just gonna ignore 1up's post and not read it then he should fuck off

not just fuck off in general
(05-05-2010, 03:51 PM)Lexou Wrote: [ -> ]Man, you guys are being turds. The kid still has the mentality of daring to state that paint sucks, sure. Horrible error, yes, but "to forgive is divine !", as they say.
Let's say your circles edges are too rudimentary. Smooth 'em out. Your colors are badly chosen. Rechoose them. This might help.
Study everything, every image, every technique, every tutorial to improve your sprite.
Come back when you're ready.

are you aware that picking colors from a random palette without a clue of why you should pick said colors is stupid and a terrible advice?

picking from a random pool of 4600 colors not only limits you but also its extremely redundant. for a palette of that size, he might as well use no pool of colors at all.

OP, ignore that post. really ignore it. all you need to know is to avoid using MSPaint's default colors. if you're really looking for criticism in order to learn, i might suggest you to do some research about the theory of colors.
Pages: 1 2