The VG Resource

Full Version: Paper Mario : TTYD GBA style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I have an idea which is to De/remake Paper Mario : The Thousand Year Door but with the Mario & Luigi : Superstar Saga style.

Here's a little image representing all of the bosses from PM2.
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/20/pa...bosses.png

So, to start off, I suck at programming anything, and I won't be fully parttaking in this project, I only count on doing sprites for it.
Basically, I'm looking for volunteers who would want to program/make this happen.

PS : On the image :
X : Just the one pose.
O : Battle sprite complete !
OO : Battle and map sprite complete !
OOO : Battle, map, and bonus sprites all Complete !
I found them all on TSR, and I made from scratch all of the ones with an X under them.(With the exception of Grodus and Crump which I just edited)
Let me just turn that image into a link for you, it breaks the layout.
Now this is what I like to see: a PM GBA sprite project, and that ML Grodus one from MFGG was, and still is, incomplete.
I like the general idea you have here, but you need to get a set style, one that, I don't know, looks like paper?
(05-04-2010, 08:11 AM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]I like the general idea you have here, but you need to get a set style, one that, I don't know, looks like paper?

Well actually, the point is to lose the paperness.
Oh okay, I missed that part. Then in that case, it might be better to either;
1. Come up with an original style (M&LUnsureS is overused).
2. If you do use M&LUnsureS, learn the style, most of those are waaaay off.
I was working on a M&L Peach battle sheet (based on her SMRPG moves). When I'm done you can use that as a base for Shadow Peach
(05-04-2010, 09:13 AM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]Oh okay, I missed that part. Then in that case, it might be better to either;
Which ones exactly ? Please list.

(05-04-2010, 09:13 AM)HyperSonic92 Wrote: [ -> ]I was working on a M&L Peach battle sheet (based on her SMRPG moves). When I'm done you can use that as a base for Shadow Peach

Oh thanks !
(05-04-2010, 09:23 AM)Lexou Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2010, 09:13 AM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]Oh okay, I missed that part. Then in that case, it might be better to either;
Which ones exactly ? Please list.

Several of the ones with x's under them.
Most of them look okay sprite-wise (though Macho Grubba looks like he could use some help all around), but they aren't really in style. Also, if you're trying to lose the paper feel, you should probably redesign some of the characters so that don't feature paper so prominently (example: VonMagnus's arms).

Finally, why are Gus and the Blooper just resized PM2 images?
(05-04-2010, 11:13 AM)Sploder Wrote: [ -> ]Several of the ones with x's under them.
Most of them look okay sprite-wise (though Macho Grubba looks like he could use some help all around), but they aren't really in style. Also, if you're trying to lose the paper feel, you should probably redesign some of the characters so that don't feature paper so prominently (example: VonMagnus's arms).

Finally, why are Gus and the Blooper just resized PM2 images?

Well, almost all of the ones with the Xs under them were done by myself, and I have to admit I do have a bit of trouble capturing the style... Also, Macho grubba was done by Parakoopa and is on TSR.

As for Magnus, I think his childish design is needed. It just wouldn't be the same without it. Actually, I want the characters (like Hooktail for ex., should lose the superfluous paperness (Hooktail's flat face) But keep the general design and small details (Hooktail's antennae, Magnus' arms).

Gus, Blooper and Shadow peach are unfinished, is why they are in that temporary state.
If you're remaking Thousand Year Door with M&L graphics, why does Magnus Von Grapple have papery arms? And why does Hooktail look like she's made out of paper? I mean, idk. It's going to look odd next to M&L Mario if you have these bosses still in their paper forms.
also I'm pretty sure that that Blooper boss has way too smooth a gradient/too many colors for a GBA game
Its the official model from the game just shrunken down.
(05-04-2010, 01:46 AM)Lexou Wrote: [ -> ]all of the bosses from PM2
"all" means "most" now apparently!!

you have red bones on there, where's dark bones???
4 bald clefts???
red yux(forgot the real name)???
shadow queen???
bonetail??
(05-08-2010, 11:54 AM)mme withake Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2010, 01:46 AM)Lexou Wrote: [ -> ]all of the bosses from PM2
"all" means "most" now apparently!!

you have red bones on there, where's dark bones???
4 bald clefts???
red yux(forgot the real name)???
shadow queen???
bonetail??

Dark Bones : Next to Gloomtail.
4 bald clefts : Meh, just regular enemies.
Red Yux : Good point...
Shadow Queen: Not done.
Bonetail : I'm getting to it.