The VG Resource

Full Version: Witchaven
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm floating through Sprite outer space right now, occasionally bumping into sprite planets that I swiftly mine for all their precious resources before floating on to the next planet. In other words, I'm kind of slow at ripping right now because I'm having to accidentally stumble upon games that I actually have to rip. Anyway, here's Witchaven:

Player:
[Image: witchavengrondovalicon.png]

Enemies:
[Image: witchavenbruteicon.png] [Image: witchavendemonicon.png] [Image: witchavendragonicon.png] [Image: witchavengoblinicon.png] [Image: witchavenillwhyrinicon.png] [Image: witchavenmuckmonsterico.png] [Image: witchavenogreicon.png] [Image: witchavenpigmonstericon.png] [Image: witchavenshadowhoundico.png] [Image: witchavenskeletonicon.png] [Image: witchavenskullmonsteric.png] [Image: witchavensnakedemonicon.png] [Image: witchavenspidericon.png] [Image: witchavenstonefaceicon.png]

And the zip:
[Image: witchavenicon.png]

You might have noticed that the muck monster also made an appearance in my rips of Operation: Body Count. That's because both games were developed by Capstone (who were also known for Corridor 7 and William Shatner's Tekwar ((which I'm trying to get my hands on if nothing else because the name makes it sound awesome))). I've given the history lesson for Capstone back in the Operation: Body Count thread, so I won't bore you with that.

However, I should mention that the names of everybody except for Grondoval and Illwhyrin I had to come up with myself because I can't find the names of any of the enemies anywhere. I've played through the entire game with no luck, hacked around in the code looking for object names, scoured the internet, the whole shebang. If anybody knows the names of the enemies here I would really appreciate anything I can get, because the idea of submitting sprites with false names never appeals to me much.

Anyway, happy spriting and so on, enjoy the rips.
Your intro sounded more a space FPS than a medieval-themed one .

Anyway, I happen to have the original disc of Tekwar. Want me to try to rip the iso for you? It's not really a good game, it's too cheesy, but it's sorta a cool thing to show around :p
That would be awesome in every sense of the word, thanks Big Grin
Shadow Hound is a dead link.
Thanks, good catch. It should work now.
I think it's a little odd that some of these games don't have any weapon sprites ripped. Are some of them really hard to find or something?
Weapons are fairly low priority for me. Half of the time I really just don't feel like ripping them to be honest, I usually only rip them if they're particularly cool looking or if it's incredibly convenient. There's some special cases though where I absolutely do not want to rip weapons. Examples of that would be like System Shock where they're both hard to find and all that you can see is the barrel of the gun so the sprites are ugly anyway. In this case there were too many weapons and none of them were particularly interesting looking (mostly being axes, swords, hands, or variants of that). It's probably best to think of it like this: it's not that it's odd that I don't rip the weapons most of the time, it's just a little treat when I do rip them Tongue
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8838/...whyrin.png
the 2nd-last row... wow, this is dumb xD
She looks like Mick Jagger to me. Ahahahah

Anyway, except for Blood's and Dark Forces weapons and the BFG, most games got uninspired weapons, I can see your point.
I'm going to rip Tekwar later today, tonight to be exact. I have some friends over here right now :p
Bad news, the game is at my folk's place, I'm going to be able to get it by Wednesday. Do you mind waiting a bit? Genki ^_^; Sorry about that
No worries, better late than never Big Grin
Thanks!
Sorry if this is a bump? But I know names for some of these monsters I have the manual.

Snake Demon is Mino Drake
Pig Monster is actually Ogre

the rest of the book is missing, when I was younger I ripped the pictures off because they scared me >_>.

PS will you rip the monsters from witchaven 2 ?
This thread is 5 months old.
You should of posted that here

I'll let you off this time because you were only trying to help but, think a little more in future before you necro a thread.