The VG Resource

Full Version: Anyone play Hikaru No Go 2? Preferably crappy players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been writing up a guide to the designer stones in the game. To finish off my guide, I wanted to list each character's designer sets. I have most of the characters so far, only 2 or 3 more to go, but I'm stuck on one of the characters.

[Image: Bref_ijima.jpg]

Iijima, the Rank 2 insei with glasses who is unlockable in Campagin Mode, is one of the special characters who uses a uniquely themed set of stones. Most characters have their character stone and then one subset of stones. For example, Nase has the Nase Stone and then the Star/Heart/Rainbow stones subset. Hikaru has the Hikaru Stone and then then Moon/Star/Space stones subset. Tsubaki, one of the unlockables, has his own stone, which is also part of a set -- the Tsubaki (camellia)/Maple/Cherry Blossom/Lotus stones set. Honda, like Iijima, has a unique set where he uses the Pine Stone as his main stone and uses the Flame/Explosion/Blast stones subset (apparently he likes to start forest fires).

I can't figure out Iijima's set. His main stone is the Maple Leaf Stone, which belongs with the Maple/Plum/Bamboo/Pine stones subset. However, his capture stone is the Bolt Stone and his tsugi (connecting) stone is the Cloudburst Stone. So his subset would seem to be weather-themed, with a maple leaf for some reason as his main stone. However, his sairyou stone (for when he gains control of the board) is the Cherry Blossom Stone (which Tsubaki also uses) and would seem to counter any underlying theme. The only stone I have left to figure out from him is the one for when your make your hand glow (shoubu te), since no matter how horribly I play against him, I always win without ever seeing him use it.

So are there any weak go players that have Hikaru No Go 2, or even strong players, that can help me find Iijima's shoubu te stone? Nase and Tsubaki like to use theirs a lot, but Iijima seems to never use it.
I tried playing Go once but couldn't figure it out and gave up.
Maybe his theme is Seasons? The maple leaf is Autumn; the Cloud is Winter, and the blossom is Spring.
(05-01-2010, 05:13 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe his theme is Seasons? The maple leaf is Autumn; the Cloud is Winter, and the blossom is Spring.

and the bolt (as in lightning bolt)? I'll keep playing and hopefully he'll use his last stone at some point. Doesn't help that the characters have their own AI and actually play differently. Nase (also rank 2) loves using shobu te, but Iijima never does. Nase sometimes attacks. Iijima almost never attacks. Bleh, he's annoying.
The bolt is summer because heat can bring on thunder and lighting without rain.
(05-01-2010, 11:35 PM)Lunyka Wrote: [ -> ]The bolt is summer because heat can bring on thunder and lighting without rain.

That's a good idea...

Blegh, he finally used it last night but i was too tired to pay attention and I missed it. Now I have to play him again and I don't remember my kifu.