The VG Resource

Full Version: My Pokemon sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here are my pokemon i made. i called it Tierradon. i have it in:
Normal- http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6553/tierradon.png
Shiny- http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5518/...nshiny.png
Gameboy color version (sorry ,in jpeg)http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6505/tierradongb.png
Cool,huh?Smile
(05-01-2010, 08:57 AM)Cypher The Hedgehog Wrote: [ -> ]Cool,huh?Smile

no
Sorry, but this need a lot of work. Specially on the shading, base, and line art.
Honestly, it looks like a Rattata with cancer.
(05-01-2010, 09:19 AM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but this need a lot of work. Specially on the shading, base, and line art.
you really need to work on learning when to post and when not to post

do you want to know what your post REALLY means?
"Sorry, but this needs a lot of work. Especially on the [common traits between every sprite]."

thats what you just said
(05-01-2010, 10:02 AM)Maneko Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, it looks like a Rattata with cancer.

TRU DAT...Rolleyes
(05-01-2010, 09:19 AM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but this need a lot of work. Specially on the shading, base, and line art.

yeah... im not so good with pokemon sprites
Here's my new Hero Sprites for my upcoming pokemon game
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3024/pokemonhero.png
P.S. The Tierradon is for my game too
No coment on how bad thos hero sprites are...
(05-01-2010, 09:02 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]No coment on how bad thos hero sprites are...

look on the bright side, at least he knows how to put colors on things
Jhoto.
(05-01-2010, 10:33 AM)sweet georgia brown Wrote: [ -> ][common traits between every sprite]." thats what you just said

So...whats wrong then? If it doesn't even have the common traits of a sprite, how is the criticism he gave bad?
(05-01-2010, 09:02 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]No coment on how bad thos hero sprites are...

eh, they were my first, so of course they arent gonna be so good.
(05-02-2010, 10:58 AM)Cypher The Hedgehog Wrote: [ -> ]eh, they were my first, so of course they arent gonna be so good.
WHAT TIME IS IT??????

ADVENTURE TEXT WALL TIME!!!!!!

Using "it's my first one" as an excuse is one of those excuses that bug me almost as much as the "i made it in mspaint, so of course it's going to be bad" excuse. If it's bad, why post it? Seriously, why make something that you know is complete garbage, POINT OUT the fact that it's complete garbage, and then have the balls to expect something other than people agreeing that it's complete trash?

I will never understand why so many people do this. Do you expect us to suddenly have a change of heart when you let out the secret that it's the first one you've ever made? Do you think that you'll magically get better at spriting and just completely disregard quality control in anything you make until you hit that magical moment where you find "Hey, I don't suck anymore even though I've done nothing to bring on this change in talent!"?

Really, explain this to me. I'd love to see one of the thousands of people with the claim, just because it's their first time making something "it's going to suck" back that claim up. What about the people who have a natural talent for something, surely the first time they try that thing out, they wouldn't suck at it? Maybe you're just trying to backpedal out of improving? Maybe you're just fishing for compliments? Maybe you're just a 9 year old kid who's too incompetent to read the part of the terms of registration that say YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO REGISTER?

Whatever the case, stop using bullshit excuses.
This goes for every poster who behaves like you(Iceman404 and Pikmin Awesomeness), not just you.
p.s. if you're not even going to bother reading my post, i encourage you to fuck off and leave tsr completely

seriously
[Image: 1266620358085.jpg]
(05-02-2010, 08:30 AM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2010, 10:33 AM)sweet georgia brown Wrote: [ -> ][common traits between every sprite]." thats what you just said

So...whats wrong then? If it doesn't even have the common traits of a sprite, how is the criticism he gave bad?

because he didnt point out HOW TO FIX ANYTHING, he basically just said "it's bad, make it better" which is stupid.

anyway in terms of style the sprite is very off, the direction is wrong too, why is he facing completely to the side?
some of the lines are "too straight" in terms of being completely diagonal, if you study the pokemon sprites a little more they're more "round" study the outlines and you'll see it, such as using parts of the shades along with the black to smoothen out the line better and give off a better look of the sprite.
you also seem to suffer from pillowshading, a common mistake for many beginners, which is shading within along the lines of the sprite like you did with the tail, this is something you should NEVER do.
You should try splicing instead.
Pokemon splicing is the dumbest thing ever IMO. Pikachu body + Raichu ears + Mewtwo tail + a goddamn TON of battle effects = original character, don't steal or I will hack, sue and kill you, srsly!

Using pen and paper to draw whatever concept you are trying to get in sprite form helps a lot, though. No matter if you suck at hand drawing, it still gives you a clearer visual of what you are aiming to get, rather than just mixing random stuff to see what happens.
Pages: 1 2