The VG Resource

Full Version: Lineart-fixing help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because I still suck at spriting.

[Image: hsw8kk.png]

I'm trying to do an RPG-ish sprite of a friend for his birthday, and even though I've found working on this really frustrating, I think I've made okay-ish progress.

But the feet keep coming out wrong every time I try, and hands are just plain beyond me. While I can shade and colour this myself, could someone have a go at neatening up the lineart and add/finish the hands and feet? It would be such a great help.
groove

just put this on sprite discussion :V
Because I don't really need this critiqued (I know it's terrible). I just need it fixed because it's frustrating the fuck out of me.
If anything, the hip area looks a bit off, considering it's supposed to belong to an overweight character. I don't know, the space between the legs looks a bit too empty and wide IMO.
While not dismissing your suggestion, I'm not entirely sure the crotch would be lower than that. The coat obviously hangs below the waistline.

Also bumping this in the vain hope of assistance. Tyvon said he would - he's ditched me again. :I
His arms are really off. Kinda fat and round.
I'm not going to disagree, but I don't exactly follow what you mean. Considering the person in question is bulky, thinner arms would look considerably stranger.
I didn't said the crotch area should be lower, I said that it had a lot of empty space, which is not supposed to happen on fat people. Take a look at these fat Pokémon trainer battle sprites and you will see what I'm talking about the pelvic area.
Ok, that's considerably clearer. I can adjust that. I think.
Well, I edited what bothered me. This is what you're gonna want the hands to look like.
[Image: grooveman.png]
That actually feels a lot better. That left hand is... harder to follow than the other, but I get what you mean.

Unless anyone else has a better version than that in mind, I'll work from this one, thanks. =)
You're welcome. Wasn't much.