The VG Resource

Full Version: Yume Nikki Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to the front page of TSR and saw some very kind words from Tonberry regarding my rips! As a way of saying thanks, I decided I'd do rips from a game that's different from usual. The game that I chose fits that description probably better than any other game that I know.

Player:
[Image: yumenikkimadotsukiicon.png] [Image: yumenikkiretromadotsuki.png]

NPCs:
[Image: yumenikkidreamdenizensi.png]

Zip file:
[Image: yumenikkiicon.png]

There are definitely some denizens that I left out, but it was getting increasingly difficult to find them, so I decided to end my sheet with what I had.

Yume Nikki is a Japanese game made on RPG Maker 2003 (though it'd be hard to find that out just by playing it) made by one guy who is credited as Kikiyama. In the game you explore the dreams in the head of a young girl named Madotsuki, and story-wise, well, that's all the story is. You explore her dreams and discover things. The game has a suspenseful atmosphere thick enough to choke a cow that keeps you feeling somewhat uncomfortable in the best possible way the entire time playing the game. There's always some bizarre sense of dread hanging in the air even when nothing is happening. If you haven't played it and you're reading this before looking at the sprites, I suggest you play the game and discover everything yourself before spoiling it. It really is a fun little adventure (er, that is, a fun HUGE adventure given the size and maziness of the dream world) and if you haven't heard of it, you really should try it.

Anyway, happy ripping!

Extra note: Some of the sprites in the dream denizens will appear to have holes in them or missing pixels that don't look right. Usually those are set up against a background color, usually black, and I removed the background color from the entire sprite mostly so that they didn't take up ungodly ammounts of space in the sheet.
Oh god, this game is nightmare fuel.
I wanted to rip it as well, but since you already did it, I'm free to move to another project. Thanks, man.
He's a machine! From FPSs to RPGs!
Thanks for the kind words, folks. I might not be a juggernaut for much longer though, I think I might actually be running out of games to rip Tongue
Wow, awesome job again, man. Thanks!

This game is awesome! I got some FACE backgrounds you can use
Yume Nikki is a rpg maker game, I assume that you can just grab everything from the folders.
Blackhunter, this thread's two years old! Please read the rules and check post dates more carefully from now on.

If you want to show off your sprites, make a new thread for them. Locked 'n warned.