The VG Resource

Full Version: A Fan Game Sprites Request.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello fellows. Once again my inability to effectively play fast-pace games has landed me in a sticky situation. Once upon a time I had come across the sprites relating to a rather popular and controversial fan game called Super Mario World Dark Horizons...it was, and still is, one of the more elaborate SMW fangames around, as well as one of the most controversial. You either love it or you hate it really. What I had were the sprites of the entire Nazi party from that game, including Hitler and his soldiers.

...then one day tragedy struck.

My computer had a dual-hardrive failure due to a power surge, and destroyed all graphic files housed on them.
Needless to say I was upset, as I had a comic planned for them and was very excited to get it started.
I've looked everywhere for these sprites again and have failed to find them.

Now it's my last shot. I am unable to retrieve the sprites and I desperately need them. At least Hitler anyway, as it's sort of a WWII world-leader based comic. Could someone help me out on this and supply me with these sprites?
fuckin owned
I thought that sentiment went without saying, but I suppose for the apparent lesser minds, it needed to be said. Thank you for stating the obvious for those who are unintelligent enough not to realize that I was, indeed, 'fuckin owned'.
fucking pwned
Okay then. Make them yourself. You never supplied us with information on how dire your situation was. Unless you have a deadline where if you don't make it someone slits your throat, I don't think this is a total emergency.
By that logic no spriting would ever need to be done. Spriting is about giving assitance to those who are unable to obtain the sprites themselves, like people such as myself who have physical and mental disabilities which prevent us from properly playing fast-paced games. When I sprite, I do it for the people, not for myself. I do spriting because it will HELP others in their endeavors for comics, fangames, mods, and other such things that require them.

I am a tile ripper, myself, as I'm unable to play most games effectively. I can play RPGs fine most of the time since they don't usually require split-second reflexes.

Now please, if you are not going to help, and are just here for trolling, please take it to Spamhaul where it belongs.
Alright then, I PM'd Tyvon so he can move this topic to Spamhaul as you wished.
(04-30-2010, 07:08 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]Spriting is about giving assitance to those who are unable to obtain the sprites themselves, like people such as myself who have physical and mental disabilities which prevent us from properly playing fast-paced games.

Ok No, Spriting is about making art. If you want a Hitler sprite then someone will probably have to make it seeing as how the only game I know with Hitler was Wolfenstein 3D

Also it isn't funny to make fun of the Germans for being Nazi's when Hitler is actually Austrian and he started to get leader points when he told the Austrians how "badly" the Germans Jews were treating them so he wanted to put them away from their crimes. Non jews and Austrians pretty much agreed with this.

HISTORY CLASS AWAY!!!!!!
i think its cool to ignore colton and metarus antics too
I didn't warn anyone I was just teaching history class :I
who said warn
(04-30-2010, 08:32 PM)Arkinea Wrote: [ -> ]i think its cool to ignore colton and metarus antics too

Usually people say things like that if they think a ban or warn needs to be carried out on other people as well.

All they did was say "owned" which if you haven't noticed that I think if anyone on this forum had a bad outage with their computer and if it was a well known person half of the people who are active here would probably say "owned" too. So to me it is kind pointless saying "Colton, Metaru, how /dare/ you say owned to someone who can't play fast paced games because he lost all the graphic files on his computer. How /dare/ you."

It isn't like they made fun of his condition or anything :I
Advanced Wars sprites can be easily edited into generic soldiers of whatever country you need anyways.
Please forgive me. I didn't mean to insult anyone. It's merely that I wished these sprites, which are in the proper style that coincides with the rest of the comic, to be ripped for myself and other potential users of them. And once again, as stated by the title and original post, these sprites are from a fan game, to be used in a comic.

I was a bit overbearing on my definition of spriting. I just thought sprite ripping was about everyone, not just one's self-gratification. After all, what's the use of making or ripping a sprite if it's not actually going to be used for anything? It's like baking a cake that's not meant to be eaten...disregarding display cakes.
well you know, cakes are also made for display/amusement.

just like sprites. not everything in life serves only practical/functional purposes.

like sprite comics.
Pages: 1 2