The VG Resource

Full Version: Dr. Light and Dr. Wily customs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: LightWilyCust.png]

Dr. Wily custom poses and a non-hologram Dr. Light with new shoes. I did these because neither MM8 or Megman & Bass had either of the doctors in normal standing poses. I figured these would be useful so people don't have to always have Wily in a hovercraft or Light in a hologram.
Your shading skills need some serious work. Wily's jeans, and the shoes of both characters have really odd and broken shading.

This is why it's a good idea to post this kind of thing in Sprite Discussion first - as suggested - so things like that can be straightened out.
your problem is that you dont have a source light at all, and the shading on the shoes is really bad, I recomend for you to search some shading tutorials
There IS any shading on Willy's shoes? I mean, they look like you only did the rough outline.
You're in the right direction, but you could use a better shading on the lower parts
Is it just me or does Wily have three legs? O_o
[Image: rnfwily2.gif]

I used this as a ref for his pants and shoes, and as far as I can tell they match unless anyone else sees something I missed. As for Dr. Light, it's really just a recolor of the MMX6 hologram, so the shading there is Capcom's fault. :/

I dunno, if you still want me to change it, I'll work on something and post it when I can, but apart from Wily's undershirt, I'm not seeing anything with the shading right now. Not trying to be rude or arrogant, just saying.
this is what happens when you do your first baby steps out of sprite edits.

you think you know what you're doing, and you're sure that since it worked on a sprite it will work anywhere, all you have to do is mimic it, yet fail to understand why stuff was/has to be made that way. but compare willy's feet with the random mash up that you got there: it literally makes no sense. you tried to mimic its shoes, but since you had no reference for the right foot you ended making an amorph bunch of lines that make no sense. the whole pose is extremely stiff, and you clearly gave up on trying to make sense of it and just pasted the arms and hands of a failling sprite into a standing pose. same with the head, and literally the only things that somehow make sense in tha willy sprite are just traced/taken from the original. and all using the same colors, but with a wild fucked up shading.

there is no custom on that light mean what the fuck we are not stupid, all you did was recolor the hologram sprite using willy's colors and since you had no idea what to do with his lack of legs you slapped a pair of generic megaman ones and wished that it made sense. and they don't even match(bet there are other sets of legs that could match its body size much better than those)

as i said at the begining: these are clearly the first attempts to leave the confort zone of sprite edits. its not something bad to risk yourself and try to start making stuff on your own and actually we will always encourage doing stuff on your own over anything because thats the only way you'll learn how things are made and how they are suposed to be made.

but really, don't try to fool us, and fool yourself in the process. do a full custom sprite or just a sprite edit, but don't try to pass these as custom because they're not, and when people try to do so is so pathetic you instantly end looking like an dumbass.
PS: this is not your average mario fan games board where you can make a half assed pillowshaded pikachu and get praised for it. no one is going to cut your throat because you made an edit ir tried to make something custom. of ten when people makes edits of so much quality we'll encourage them to move on and make custom because you already may have the skil, but all you need is that bit of confidence.