The VG Resource

Full Version: Bye bye, Infinity Ward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently, more than 27 of Infinity Ward's most important employees have either been fired or retired, effectively breaking up the company.

Not only this, but Jason West and many others previously in the company have joined with EA and started a game company called "Respawn Entertainment", while 38 Infinity Ward employees sue Activision for $75-100 million.

For MW fans, this means the end of the Modern Warfare franchise, and most likely a decline in the series from this point forward, but now the departed IW employees are not only free from their Koticktatorship, but they can branch off and make their own original games now.

While I'm saddened that the CoD series has pretty much been destroyed by this, I am very happy that West and others are spitting back in ACKtivision's face.

What are your opinions on the matter?
pretty sure this has been common knowledge for a few weeks now
i mean a few weeks ago they weren't suing yet, but yeah
pretty much what 1up said
(04-28-2010, 04:59 PM)sweet georgia brown Wrote: [ -> ]pretty sure this has been common knowledge for a few weeks now
i mean a few weeks ago they weren't suing yet, but yeah

Is not the "Gaming Discussion" forum a forum for gaming discussion? This isn't just about the news articles, it's about predictions, reactions, and opinions on the subject matter itself.

I for one can't wait until Respawn announces their new game. (Already know it's going to start development in May)
Doesn't change the fact that if it's old, then it's old.
^
I agree. Even if people supposedly haven't heard about it (like me), it doesn't change the fact that it's still old news.

Also, Modern Warfare supposedly would not last anyway after the two main honchos at Infinity Ward and the guys behind the success of the series got the sack. So yeah.

Also, Activision really does a great job in attracting lawsuits by the stupid shit they do. If this holds on, they won't even keep the regular consumer.
Welcome to the day MW2 came out.
*infinity ward disapears*

vBlankv