The VG Resource

Full Version: Chex Quest (Chex Quest 3 to be specific)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to the Dunkelschwamm Show! Starring me: DUNKELSCHWAMM!

Alright, everybody stop clapping, we're here for sprites, not personalities. Oh, what's this? Uncle Dunkelschwamm brought you just about everything there is from Chex Quest 3! Happy day!

Playable Characters:
[Image: chexquestchexwarriorico.png]

Flemoids:
[Image: chexquestarmoredflemoid.png] [Image: chexquestflemmineicon.png] [Image: chexquestflembraneicon.png]
[Image: chexquestflemoidusbiped.png] [Image: chexquestflemoiduscommo.png] [Image: chexquestflemoiduscyclo.png]
[Image: chexquestflemoiduslarva.png] [Image: chexquestflemoidusmaxim.png] [Image: chexquestflemoidusquadr.png]
[Image: chexquestflemoidusstrid.png] [Image: chexquestflemoidussuper.png] [Image: chexquesttheflembominat.png]
[Image: chexquestlordsnotfolusi.png]

Other Stuff:
[Image: chexquestattacksicon.png] [Image: chexquestobjectsicon.png] [Image: chexquestweaponsicon.png]

And, as always, the zip:
[Image: chexquesticon.png]

Welp, there's game number 11 for you guys. Chex Quest was originally made by Digital Cafe in '96 and distributed in Chex cereal (became famous as the first game to ever be distributed this way). A sequel was later made and put on the Digital Cafe website, and the third game in the series was made more recently by two former members of Digital Cafe. It's gotten a huge cult following and several fan games have been made, as well it's won two awards for great advertisement strategy. All of the games are actually Doom mods with new graphics, levels, and sounds that remove all violence and insert Chex Cereal promotional material.

I originally had a list of games that I wanted to rip and it's already only got about 3 games left on it. Looks like I'm going to have to write a new list!
WTF are those shit? Ahahaahah
3 games? Now I'm curious
Yeah, the 3 games are fairly short (5 levels each) but loads of fun. They're more aimed at little kids (which is shown in the difficulty of the games and the fact that your weapons don't kill the Flemoids but instead "teleport" them back to their home dimension where they can do no harm), but the later ones get some difficulty going on (unless you're a hardened Doom fan, that is).
Awesome stuff. Big Grin
Are you a computer algorithm programmed to rip sprites?
Oh HELL, you've finally caught on!

>.>

<.<

Er, I mean... maybe... Wink