The VG Resource

Full Version: System Shock Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Imagine if you will that I'm crawling, riddled with bullet holes and other sorts of battle damage, from some trenches through some mud and debris. I clench in my fist the orders for the commander to launch an attack as I'm dragged to the medic quarters. That's how I feel delivering these sprites, because the data files for System Shock were an absolute mess. But enough of me complaining because I know nobody cares; onto the glorious sprites!

[Image: systemshockautobombicon.png] [Image: systemshockavianmutanti.png] [Image: systemshockcortexreaver.png] [Image: systemshockcyborgassass.png] [Image: systemshockcyborgdronei.png]
[Image: systemshockexecboticon.png] [Image: systemshockflierboticon.png] [Image: systemshockgorillatiger.png] [Image: systemshockhoppericon.png] [Image: systemshockhumanoidmuta.png]
[Image: systemshockinvisomutant.png] [Image: systemshockmaintenanceb.png] [Image: systemshockmiscrobotsic.png] [Image: systemshockmutatedcybor.png] [Image: systemshockplantmutanti.png]
[Image: systemshockrepairbotico.png] [Image: systemshocksecurity1bot.png] [Image: systemshocksecurity2bot.png] [Image: systemshockservboticon.png] [Image: systemshockshodanicon.png]
[Image: systemshockvirusmutanti.png] [Image: systemshockzerogmutanti.png] [Image: systemshockcyborgwarrio.png] [Image: systemshockelitecyborgi.png] [Image: systemshockcyborgenforc.png]
[Image: systemshockedwarddiegoi.png]

Also click the title image for the zip, as always:
[Image: systemshockicon.png]

System Shock was a first person shoot slash role playing game developed by Looking Glass Studios who went out of business in 2000 due to a huge Eidos financial disaster, but I'm sure most of you know what System Shock is. Now that I've probably rounded all of the people on this forum who love System Shock into this one thread, it would probably be unwise for me to say that I never really cared for it myself. However, I pretty much just did by saying that. The reason why I bring this up is because I got all of the names for every sheet from a System Shock fan site claiming that it was quoting the game manual, so if anybody who knows the names of all of the System Shock enemies offhand can confirm or correct the names of these sheets, it would be most appreciated.

For those of you who want to threaten my life for not liking System Shock, please direct all mail bombs and death threats to my private message box. Anybody who is too happy that I ripped these sprites can send love letters to my private message box as well, I'll sort them myself. Anybody who wants to send me love bombs, I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of relationship yet.

Enjoy the sprites,

Dunkelschwamm out.
Never had any interest in System Shock. I guess I lost all interest during the 2D era. When the FPS started to get 3D models they all looked like the same to me. So, you're not alone on this. Many people I know don't care or didn't like System Shock either

This Mutated Cyborg looks like Doom's Cyberdemon, after gaining quite a few pounds and low on budget, don't you agree?
Ha! I didn't even think of that. An overweight, low budget Cyberdemon with ear-mounted guns no less. Between that and the Elite Cyborg (who appears on the box art of the game) who looks like he's wearing a graduation cap and the Hopper which is... well, a laser gun hopping around on one leg, I find it somewhat hard to believe that this game was ever meant to be taken seriously (not to mention Gorilla-Tiger up there). Considering how many people do take it seriously though I usually just assume there was either something that I missed or something in it that I don't appreciate as much as others. I guess this was the era's Halo to me; every other FPS at the time was looking good or decent, but the one that everybody was talking about just didn't appeal to me. Oh well though, I guess people just have different tastes in games, and even the games that I don't particularly care for I'll rip the sprites for those who do. Big Grin
Never played the first one (couldn't get it to work, most likely do to how I got the game), but I have played the second one and I did like the inventory system (I don't know if it's the same for the original) for that (it's like Diablo's, i.e. everything takes up a number of squares but equipped items aren't included).
Is the playable character in here, or all of these enemies?
These are all enemies. As far as I know the player has no sprite. That was my bad, I'll be sure to label them next time.
No prob. Thanks, man. Big Grin