The VG Resource

Full Version: SPACE CACTUS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Made a new song.
PLEASE CRIT

I don't like to be ignored ='<
x
I really like this. But you should be more patient when it comes to topics in this section of the forum, as replies are generally slow, just continue to update your topic once a day (or every few days) and you'll eventually get a reply.

EDIT: I think I should emphasize more on how I really like this.
it's okay, but the melody gets fused with the harmony, making it sound like a mess

use a different sound for the melody and lower the harmony's voulme a bit, it should help
you abused the arps a lil bit and it sounds a tiny bit generic
sounds a lil like nonsense
like, don't just go up and down the same four notes in a scale/chords because that doesn't work well with pitched arps
more or less what gorsal said i guess too
it's not bad though!! im gonna follow you ok
Pokemon Training Apparatus:
Thanks dude! :B
Glad to know you liked it 8D

And yeah you're right, I just get all excited and eager haha! I'll try to be more patient next time.

Gorsal:
True, the melody and harmony are fused unfortunately. I've been trying to sort it out, but I can't get it to sound right with different sounds. Hopefully I'll get it soon and get a cleaner sound too it.
Thanks for the advice!

Sleepy:

haha, it is definitely fully nonsense, but that's the way it should be Tongue
Chiptune as a whole is nonsense, that is I why I like it so much. But yeah I should try and expand on my songs and tunes a bit. I'm not much of a musician, I literally just make shit up on the spot and throw it together regardless of whether certain keys go together and stuff.
Also, the arps; yeah I did pretty much molester them, but that's because arps on top of arps on top of arps sounds cool to me I can see how it can be a bit much though, so i'll take your advice and try to calm down on the arp on arp action for the next thing I write.

Happy you were into it. I'll try to stay posted with more.

Thanks guys!
Sorry for the double post, but I changed the sounds for the harmony on "ALL HAIL THE SPACE CACTUS!!"
Which you can find here
(it's not the biggest difference in the world but it makes it a little less harsh)

Also I have created a new little tune. I was really going know where with it but I am happy with the final out come. Any suggestions for how it could be changed to please others let me know.

x
I LIKE THE SECOND ONE A LOT.......
it remindsme a LOT of rugrats.
Thanks dude. Personally, the first bit makes me think of weird monkey things and the second half makes me think of pirates haha.

Glad you liked it. Thanks again.