The VG Resource

Full Version: Left 4 Dead 8bit (and pokemons)(not)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i hate calling it 8 bit but i'm p sure it will get more attention that way. besides, i still got to figure how the fuck i'm going to do the tilework, because if there is anything i hate more than making sprites is making tiles(i suck at it).
[Image: 10fcrxl.png]
working on louis, i'd add him as soon as i finish him.
[Image: ofdam9.png]

tho portraits, i need to redo them asap
Bill looks way too young, probably because he lacks his signature beard... plus I think the beret is a bit too blocky in front/back view
other than that, pretty good so far.
[Image: 30vn094.png] tried to make bill older, made a fix on the beret
[Image: 34zhms8.png]
[Image: e9bxxy.png]
[Image: 34y9150.png]

i'd like some input on the readbility of the characters, or any input in general. hell, the fucking point of posting something here is that you sires say anything about it. its terribly discouraging that if its not something related to pokemon no one is able to spit a word on these.
um. i didnt play l4d a lot but i think zoey is a bit hard to read
I also don't know a lot about l4d, but I'd agree with Rhymey on Zoey's readability, at least on the front poses. Also, uh, third guy down(w/e his name was) looks kind of off in the dead pose. I think its the shadow on our left side of his head. Beret fix on Bill looks pretty natural now, although it MIGHT be a bit too big on the back poses.

I really like the little portraits(specially third guy down's), but either Bill's head is too narrow or his eyes are too close to together, in my opinion.

Are you going to extend this to the zombies too? If so, how are you going to differentiate the zombie types at such a small scale? Some of them looked pretty similar to me, especially at first glance or from a distance.
I'm not entirely positive how to go about fixing Zoey, I think the main issue lies in the overbearing amount of black in her sprite. Kinda makes it look too cluttered.
lets see if this works now(needless to say its better to see this 2x zoomed)
Character References
>Bill(fixed backsprite beret to match the front one, fixed mugshot eyes)
[Image: 2ir0zea.jpg]
>Zoey(replaced the black from her hair, cut out some outlines on the chest, reduced the use of black overall. not entirelly sure on this one yet, i think i should change the comnination of colors)
[Image: 2hzj12e.jpg]
same, but hair is outlined like the rest of the characters
[Image: 21n0i2q.jpg]
>Louis
[Image: e9bxxy.png]
>Francis
[Image: 34y9150.png]

and on the next update i should give a try to the special/common zombies
How are you going to make the boomer in 8 bit? What's going to be the size? Also, is this inspired by Left 4 Dead NES by any chance?
i believe i saw that NES demake of l4D beforei didn't.

but no, this is just my own attempt to demake the game to the simplest i could.
that boomer looks perfect.. Dunno about the hunter.. It seems a bit off in the front poses
It feels like the perspective changed when I look at the Hunter's back sprites. Like I'm looking at him from up above rather than right behind.
I think you gotta make the Boomers side poses wider, the transition from facing down to facing left is weird.
louis could use some ears or something.
tried giving him ears but they looked way too cluttered :V

any ideas?
Pages: 1 2