The VG Resource

Full Version: Operation: Body Count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my fourth thread now? Criminy, if I keep up that this speed I may be mistaken for spam!

This is a pretty short one, from an old failure of a game called Operation: Body Count. Enjoy!

Sprites:

[Image: operationbodycountchara.png] [Image: operationbodycountweapo.png] [Image: operationbodycountmisci.png]

Click the title icon for all of the files in a ZIP:
[Image: operationbodycounticon.png]

So there's the sprites. Not a whole lot to mention, but I remember wanting to get my hands on them when I was making Wolfenstein mods as a little kid, so I figured this would be a good nostalgic submission.

So let's talk about Operation: Body Count for a minute here. It was released in 1994 as a Wolfenstein clone. Given that Doom was already out in 1993 with an improved engine and graphics, Operation: Body Count somewhat missed the mark and came off as dated and somewhat obsolete. The game was developed by Capstone Software, who also made Corridor 7 (another poorly timed Wolfenstein clone), and a few Build Engine games such as Witchaven. So how well did they do with this software? Well, they went defunct in 1996 after their publisher, IntraCorp, went bankrupt. Nowadays the game can be found as abandonware around the internet and can be fairly interesting to play if you're into First Person Shooters from the early to mid nineties.

Dunkelschwamm out.
Keep it up!
Misc seems to be a dead link. Awesome stuff though.
Oh thanks for catching that. I uploaded and fixed it. Enjoy Big Grin
Never heard of it, but it's nice to get to know "new" stuff
Also, I always had a curiosity on playing Witchaven, but never recalled the name! Thx!