The VG Resource

Full Version: Eastendeeerrrss!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been kinda working on this awkward mixture between eastenders, mary had a little lamb and zelda chiptune thingy and am finding it hard to flow this one together. I posted it up on my 8bit collective profile, so click THIS and check it.

Tell what you think, like, love or hate and any suggestions for smoothening this hectic one out would be great :B
*bump!*

Sorry, for double post. Just a little lonely here TT___TT*
ugh

I don't know what I'm hearing

this song is all broken; it doesn't follow a regular timing. Also, that 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' part is too loud and ear grating. At least, make it less loud, so it won't be an ear rape
you tried way too hard to be technical and melodic at the same time
(04-24-2010, 07:23 PM)*Gorsal* Wrote: [ -> ]ugh

I don't know what I'm hearing

this song is all broken; it doesn't follow a regular timing. Also, that 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' part is too loud and ear grating. At least, make it less loud, so it won't be an ear rape

heh, sorry. I probably should have said it's intended to be a abit ear rapey, but i'll agree it is very broken and chopped. It's kinda influenced by Raptor-Khalan's tune "LAZERNIPPLES".
I'm still trying to figure how to fix this whole thing.

(04-25-2010, 01:50 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]you tried way too hard to be technical and melodic at the same time

Yes I did try quite hard. But at least I tried. It'd probably sound worse if I didn't try to get technical and melodic.

I guess I should have mentioned i've only been using milkytracker for like 2 or 3 months.

Thanks for the feedback.
it's not that you tried

it's that you tried too hard

and the end result is incredibly sloppy
(04-25-2010, 06:02 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]it's not that you tried

it's that you tried too hard

and the end result is incredibly sloppy

Well it's not the entirely finished or cleaned up. That's my bad, I probably should have made that more clear.
But honestly, it may sound like I tried too hard to you, but really, I just tried man.

It's aaaallll matter of opion.

Thanks anyways.

If you've got any pointers for it I'd be happy to hear them.
Hint: You have been getting pointers this whole time!!!!

Quote:this song is all broken; it doesn't follow a regular timing. Also, that 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' part is too loud and ear grating. At least, make it less loud, so it won't be an ear rape

GIVE YOUR SONG A SET BEAT, ALSO DON'T MAKE ANY PARTS ANY LOUDER THEN THE REST OF THE SONG

Quote:you tried way too hard to be technical and melodic at the same time

TRY FOCUSING MORE ON ONE AND ADD HINTS OF THE OTHER UNTIL YOU GET BETTER

Quote:and the end result is incredibly sloppy

CLEAN UP YOUR MUSIC A BIT MORE

Listen, honestly songs that are kinda choppy are ok if they are done right, you dunno how to do it right, you might want to practice first. No one has yet said "omg the song is amazing!!!!" so that probably means you should say to yourself "hmmmm, something is not right with the song, maybe I should go fix it"
(04-26-2010, 07:41 PM)Fumér Wrote: [ -> ]it may sound like I tried too hard to you, but really, I just tried man.

It's aaaallll matter of opion.
No, it's a matter of opinion when the "opinion in question" has been questioned by somebody that isn't you.

If I'm not the only one commenting on the sloppiness, then it's a fact that there's a problem and you need to fix it.
Well what's the problem? I'll try to fix it.

This topic is definitely on a bit of slippery one...
Sad times.
(04-26-2010, 07:49 PM)Lunyka Wrote: [ -> ]Hint: You have been getting pointers this whole time!!!!

Quote:this song is all broken; it doesn't follow a regular timing. Also, that 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' part is too loud and ear grating. At least, make it less loud, so it won't be an ear rape

GIVE YOUR SONG A SET BEAT, ALSO DON'T MAKE ANY PARTS ANY LOUDER THEN THE REST OF THE SONG

Quote:you tried way too hard to be technical and melodic at the same time

TRY FOCUSING MORE ON ONE AND ADD HINTS OF THE OTHER UNTIL YOU GET BETTER

Quote:and the end result is incredibly sloppy

CLEAN UP YOUR MUSIC A BIT MORE

Listen, honestly songs that are kinda choppy are ok if they are done right, you dunno how to do it right, you might want to practice first. No one has yet said "omg the song is amazing!!!!" so that probably means you should say to yourself "hmmmm, something is not right with the song, maybe I should go fix it"

Learn to read.
Well......you put me in my place.
(that wasn't sarcastic, honestly, I apologise.)

Also, I completely missed your last post before this one , so sorry about that. I definitely took in some of the hints and stuff, i've sorted the volume etc, but for some reason I randomly took offence over AlphaSix. Reading back on it, I definitely took his post out of context so yeah, sorry for that Apha.

I wasn't really expecting anyone to to give me massive props on it and be all like "u rewl lololol Heart", I kinda just wanted some kind technical feed back, which I did get but I failed to pay attention too it properly....uhhmm yeah.....I'll just ask for more in depth feed back on 8bc e.g Certain tweaks and short cuts for MT.

Just close or delete this topic as I believe laming could occur haha
Nah it's fine.

It's kinda why I posted what I posted. Feel free to update the topic with another version of the song when you get around to it, or maybe just other song in general!
Here's a new one I created the other day after hurting my foot. I was hella burned about that.

This tune is a bit more chilled out and stuff. It's still minimalistic to an extent.
You can find the link to it riiiiight HERE

Criticism pleeease.

Side note: I will ACTUALLY pay attention to your posts unlike my silliness in the past.

Promise!