The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonia the Hedgehog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Years later, I'm getting serious about it XD

Anywho, the sheet is very much in a WIP state, hence the total lack of organization, as well as bits and pieces of everything everywhere. However, I always look to make the best stuff I can, so I want some serious critique on this. Link because it's rather huge:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/11/975179/SF_SA.PNG

Been working on this rather slowly for a few years now with constant refinements (same as the game). As far as credits, I've had assistance from a "Dark Burraki", a "Xeric" and someone one SSMB who I've long since forgotten (if you're reading, feel free to speak up)

I might post Silver and Scourge later, if requested enough.

Also if I missed anyone, feel free to holler at me.
this is really good, can't wait to see more~
It's amazing for a Sonic edit.
You should work on making it not an edit.

You can use the style, but don't actually use the sprite.
I'm not going to lie, I came in here expecting to see another shitty Sonic recolor and instead I found something that actually looks nice.
Good job.
the keyboard is bad

rest is p. decent though :o
I'd totally love to see the full sheets of Silver and Scourge too.
If by "not an edit" you mean not using the same animations as Sonic, that's something I'm very much working on.

If you mean changing it into something that doesn't look like Sonic at all, that'd be missing the point on my end, since she's his twin sister =P

As far as styles go, I'm aiming for somewhat of a hybrid between Sonic 1/2/CD and the modern/advance style.

However, thanks for the comments. Keep them coming please.

EDIT: Also, should I make a new topic for the others, or post them here?
Post em here.
nice silver and scrouge sprite edit
It looks too much like Sonic, why not use something more like her outfit from the show? Her hair also looks really messy on every sprite, but the diagonal running sprites seem to have the best shape. Maybe something more like those on the normal sprites? Something a bit more clean.
FYI Twins are not only cliche but don't have to have similar shapes. Just because the genes are the same in twins, which they AREN'T here because they aren't identical twins(different genders), the environment also changes things such as height, posture, facial structure, and just about everything that can possibly be different.
(04-26-2010, 03:30 PM)Pokemon Training Apparatus Wrote: [ -> ]It looks too much like Sonic, why not use something more like her outfit from the show?

Palette limitations. Way too many colors going on to get in, look decent, and not break Sonic 1 to high heaven. I think there's an attempt in the sheet somewhere, and I wasn't too fond of how it turned out. I actually mulled over designs for a while, and it was evident that white was the best base color.

The red parts were originally magenta, but once I started putting the sprites in the game, it caused too many color errors so I used red instead. Ended up looking a LOT better overall. Though I've seen some that prefer the magenta.

Also, Sonia was a little taller than Sonic at first, but I reverted it since I did some more comparisons, and they are roughly the same height.

As far as looking like Sonic in the face...actually it seems there is something I can do, if this screenshot is anything to go by.

*several minutes later*

[Image: SA_SN_SA.gif]

Left: Old
Middle: S1 Sonic
Right: New

I don't think I can do too much more to the head without looking like ass, or missing the point :/
im honestly not seeing any difference except like 3 changed white pixels that do nothing at all to help or hurt your goal there
Smaller ears, different muzzle shape, altered face shading. Given it already has wider eyes and a shorter nose, there wasn't much else I could do. Making the eyes even wider just looked bad.

EDIT: I think it may just come down to the animations used. I'll have updates on those periodically
Pages: 1 2