The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy- 3D Boo Mario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: SuperMarioGalaxy-BooMario.png]
[Image: SuperMarioGalaxy-BooMario_iconPNG.png]

3D rips of Boo Mario from Super Mario Galaxy.
This was ripped with BMDView2 made by Thakis- something that has a manual camera that loads animations.
I always liked Boo Marios Mustache...
It seems too dark.

Also, I don't they can be accepted unless you rip the textures.
Fireshock Wrote:It seems too dark.
That's because Nintendo only used Boo Mario in dark places, so they shaded him respectively.
Erm- also, the shading of his glow isn't in the model.

Fireshock Wrote:Also, I don't they can be accepted unless you rip the textures.

What about Broozer from New Super Mario Bros?
[Image: nsmb_broozer_icon.png]
That was a 3D model.
[Image: Crashernsbmd.png]

So your saying, If I edited this sprite sheet to look like it was hand-drawn, it would get accepted? What's the point?
I agree with Gir on this one. Even though I have no say in whether it gets accepted or not, I think it looks good enough to be used in a sidescroller or a comic.
Girrrtacos Wrote:
Fireshock Wrote:It seems too dark.
That's because Nintendo only used Boo Mario in dark places, so they shaded him respectively.
Erm- also, the shading of his glow isn't in the model.

Fireshock Wrote:Also, I don't they can be accepted unless you rip the textures.

What about Broozer from New Super Mario Bros?
[Image: nsmb_broozer_icon.png]
That was a 3D model.
[Image: Crashernsbmd.png]

So your saying, If I edited this sprite sheet to look like it was hand-drawn, it would get accepted? What's the point?

That was only because NSMB has a fixed camera, making it impossible to get the models from any other angle. SMG has thousands of angles and combinations.
Fireshock Wrote:That was only because NSMB has a fixed camera, making it impossible to get the models from any other angle. SMG has thousands of angles and combinations.

I'm not submitting this as a complete rip of Boo Mario. Broozer was defiantly not a complete rip either.

So what your saying is that this should be accepted- [Image: exmple2.png]
and this not? [Image: exmple1.png]
Well you have to define what a "sprite" is. Then you'll have your answer.

EDIT: Well I looked it up, appearantly a sprite is anything that can be used to create a series of animations in a larger picture.
koopaul Wrote:Well you have to define what a "sprite" is. Then you'll have your answer.

EDIT: Well I looked it up, appearantly a sprite is anything that can be used to create a series of animations in a larger picture.
And this sheet is a series of cycled animations.
This is honestly the best Boo Mario sheet I've seen, but...

Hmmm... You know what? I'm going to have to think about this overnight... The Broozer IS, in fact, a 3D model (and not pre-rendered, as you've pointed out), and a "spritesheet" of that is on tSR. However... That Broozer sheet defies Rule #7 (even though NSMB has a fixed camera), and really shouldn't be on tSR in my opinion.

*sits down and thinks for a few minutes, then falls asleep*
Screenshots of 3D models don't count as sprites, because the 3D models are made up of sprites themselves - the textures.

To that end, texture rips of any models is perfectly fine, and indeed useful.
GrooveMan.exe Wrote:Screenshots of 3D models don't count as sprites, because the 3D models are made up of sprites themselves - the textures.

To that end, texture rips of any models is perfectly fine, and indeed useful.
So you'd rather have this- http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&...1&id=13669 than that sheet?
What's the difference from Donkey Kong Country? Rare rendered those, I rendered these.
And would it be a huge difference if Broozer WAS pre-rendered?
What if I said I did this custom all by hand?
Seems like Rule 7 is just being picky.
Almost the entire StarFox 1 section, or at least half of it defies rule 7. The ships and sitch are not pre-rendered, they are actually polygonal. You can actually change the "models" themselves using Gameshark.

However, Fireshock's first argument still stands. It's too dark.

And koopaul, by the strictest definition, a sprite is nothing more than a set of "bitmaps". A bitmap is actually nothing more than a set of pixels forming an image.
Sprites are bitmap.
3D is vector.
Dazz Wrote:Sprites are bitmap.
3D is vector.

But you can have vector and raster sprites with alpha channels etc. Just like the ones in Toki Tori and Puzzle Quest to name a few.

I personally think we should just not allow captured 3D models full stop. Pre-rendered graphics are different, as they've almost always been edited and touched up to be usable as sprites. There's almost 130,000 possible set angles to capture a 3D model, and that's if you're not using radians.

We just need to draw the line at that, unless people want to submit the actual model files them selves.
Pages: 1 2