The VG Resource

Full Version: Noticed something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I fancied doing some Pokémon of my own after checking out 1up's thread. But Pokémon is more or less an on/off trend on TSR.
Anyway I've started Nidoking:
[Image: nidokingr.png]
I'll be thinking of ways to make this a bit more personal in style. Thanks for looking and responding!
Really nice shape, can't wait to see how it comes out when it's been shaded.
The only thing I don't like is the inconsistency between the calves and the lopsidedness of the abdomen. Otherwise, it's good.
[Image: nidoking.png]
Is this better? I'll get on with the shading.
[Image: nidokingn.png]
Shading attempt, I think this will kill the sprite if I do this everywhere, maybe if I get rid of the lightest shade it shouldn't look too bad. Plus the volume I tried to create sucks bad so that'll need to be fixed.
if thats's suposed to be a wrestling stance, then its all screwed up in the arms
N'yeah, not a fan of the shading. :\
that checkered pattern isn't working because it's making the shoulder's shape look flat. Texturize it, but don't forget to shade the shape normally.
yeah the arms look pretty weird to me, might be because they aren't shaded but they look far too skinny for nidoking.
[Image: nidokingk.png]
Started shading guideline. What do you think?
his body needs to be shorter and more husky. his legs don't jut out like that.
[Image: 200px-Nidoking.png]
Also as seen by the ref picture, his belly should be much fatter. Almost like he has a beer gut.
Thanks a bunch dudes, I was using that pic as a ref but not well enough!
[Image: nidoking.png]
Also I think his lower arms (the parts with the hands) need to be bigger. In the ref, they appear to be about 1.5x the size of the smaller part.
Actually there was a number of things about the anatomy and pose I wanted to comment on , but I'm lazy so I just made a quick edit

[Image: thingthatbotheredmeedit-2.png]
Now how about some pointy ears for my favorite Pokemon ever? Smile You may wanna make him crouch an itsy bitys more. Wink
Pages: 1 2