The VG Resource

Full Version: Colton's Starcraft Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a thread where I'll be posting all my Starcraft rips.

Terrans
[Image: 2e0ls3q.jpg][Image: 2zxplxc.jpg][Image: 168x1yt.jpg][Image: 296147q.jpg]

I plan to rip some more stuff. I don't know what I'm going to rip next though.
Do we have a section icon for this game? Big Grin
Yeah, why?
[Image: starcraft.png]

Your Terran building is far more complete than the one on the site, BTW
That was my intention. I wanted to have ALL the buildings, not just 3.
Battlecruiser operational.
These are great! It's sad that the age of spriting is coming slowly to an end... Sad

'request for HUD's and whatnot'
Might as well get back to this again. SCV added.
Ooh, it's on now.

First off, you're still missing the shadow sprite for the SCV. If you're ripping the GRP files, it's in something like tspcshad.grp or tspc_shad.grp. If you do rip the shadows and add them to your file (one set of shadows for the whole thing, the shadows themselves aren't animated to my knowledge), I would set them to all black (r:0,g:0,b:0) and make a note to use 0.32 alpha transparency with a "darken" blend mode. You might be able to make it 1/3 transparency if you set the shadow colors to r2g2b2 or r4g4b4, but I haven't tested that yet. It's not precise, since it appears to me that they actually used palette files for shadows and other effects, not actual blending.

I'm going to work on Protoss buildings tonight. If you want to help, try to find for me a suitable color and blending method for the glowing effect of Protoss buildings (like the Nexus).
I've never really felt that shadows were very important to be honest. I might add them sometime when I feel the need to. Anyway, I don't know how the Protoss Buildings with glowing would work because the glowing parts have alpha transparency (I know because one time I went to rip Protoss buildings and learned of the Nexus's glowing tip). I've got the Marine files extracted anyway, that's my next sheet.
Marine is now up.
Nice. Very organized.

One suggestion, though: Starcraft sprites are pre-aligned, so pick a workspace size for each unit and stick with it. It makes working with a sprite sheet a lot simpler. The biggest complaint I've seen on every sprite ripping forum is rippers only aligning tiles by the bottom-left pixels. Sprites should be dual-aligned by the bottom-left and top-right pixels for ease of use.
make your party with this resources. I don't have time to post in the gallery, so, anyone must do it Wink

http://depositfiles.com/files/w0stw9q42

no credits needed