The VG Resource

Full Version: Need a DS Texture Ripper!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, once again my depressing inabilities keep me from completing a pet project of mine. I'm looking for someone willing to do a somewhat simple texture rip from Chibi Robo: Park Patrol!

What I need are the textures relating to Sir Miasmo. For those of you who don't know, Sir Miasmo is the clown-faced smog-cloud that comes out of a vent in a factory during cutscenes. From what I've gathered, he first appears in the cutscene that plays after you acquire 150...or 155 flowers in the park. Yes I know it'll be tedious, but this is very important to me. I myself am not sure how to texture rip from the DS, but if someone could educate me, possibly without needing me to replay the whole game, It would be helpful. It would be MOST helpful if someone were to rip these for me.

Please let me know if anyone can help.
Is it a simple sprite or a model skin? If it's a model skin, I don't know how to help. If it's a simple sprite, just get iDeaS and save screenshots or extract from the OAM viewer or whatever it was I did when I ripped Advance Wars: Dual Strike before seeing someone else already doing it.

Also search Zophar's Domain. Tile Molester might even help, I don't know. I don't know what kind of encoding the DS uses (and don't really care, but if someone wants to answer that, go ahead).
Chibi-Robo park patrol is a 3-D game. But Sir Miasmo is for the most part made up of 2-D effects (He's just smoke, hands, and a face.) Everything about him is paper thin when looked at critically, but I'm sure they're model skins themselves since to operate ina 3-D game they need soemthing to be plastered to. I think it should be easy enough if someone is good enough in the ripping department to find them.
If you can get the .nsbmd and/or the .nsbtx file of the thing you want to rip, you can use this tool to extract the textures from the file (includes readme).
That's awesome! Thanks a lot!