The VG Resource

Full Version: Steam?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've looked around on the site a little, but could someone please explain what exactly Steam is to me? I might get it if there are some fun MMo games there.
steam is basically iTunes for games

it's a program that's a store as well as a game organizer and a chat program
you download games on it, and you can play them through the steam service

all of the valve games use it as well as a bunch of other games and it has insane deals on games a lot

they don't really deal in mmos afaik though
it's a crazy awesome digital distribution service made by Valve but has a ton of other game developers on there.

there are a few MMOs but it's not really the main focus, just one genre out of many.

it wouldn't hurt to get it anyway, it has deals a lot (especially around the holidays), free demos, etc.
I just went to Steam's website to see what's on sale, since I'm too poor to buy video games (or pay my rent for that matter...) and I clicked on "Massively Multiplayer." There's a subheading under "Massively Multiplayer" titled "Single Player."

T_T Where's a facepalm emote when you need one?
I dn't use steam because I'm a rebel.
(03-30-2010, 04:00 PM)TheouAegis Wrote: [ -> ]I just went to Steam's website to see what's on sale, since I'm too poor to buy video games (or pay my rent for that matter...) and I clicked on "Massively Multiplayer." There's a subheading under "Massively Multiplayer" titled "Single Player."

T_T Where's a facepalm emote when you need one?

I think a better question is why would you ever need a facepalm emote
metaru made one