The VG Resource

Full Version: Metroid Dread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
love the little guy
Didn't you do a similar piece? I can't find it in your PJ gallery. Great work!
The way Samus poses and how the smoke comes out of her cannon is a tad weird. At a first glance I didn't notice that Samus fired the giant missile and because of its magnitude she was pulled back and rotated, it just looked like Samus was in debug mode or that the missile hit her or something? It's really weird, I feel really bugged by that. I think it'd look better if there was a trail of huge smoke puffs connecting her arm cannon to the missile and don't have her rotated like that.

But outside that, it's perfect! Love the way you drew the luminiscent doors and how their light is being reflected by the background, enemy and even the missile! Maybe the rock texture is a bit weird but I guess it's kind of like that in Metroid isn't it?
wait

are you saying that orange mess is actually Samus?

Seriously, I couldn't see her until I x6 zoomed the piece. Make her more readable.
Gorsal, I fear for your eyes. Please book a test with an optician immediately.

In the mean time, here is a reference point for you:
[Image: samfgdfg.png]
the standing sprite is ok, but the pose in the mockup is so weird I couldn't understand it upon closer inspection

It looked like a freakish floating orange monster with legs as his arms
yeah, it took me a couple of seconds to realize it was Samus :.

it's a cool mockup, nonetheless~
I only knew it was Samus because of the thread's name. The standing is OK
Looks great, but I don't like Samus' pose.
same problem here. took me a while and a few zooms to actually find out that the orange point there was samus. and if it wasn't orange, i'd probably ignore it completely.

the missile and the doors draw all the attention away from anything, unfortunately, makingit really hard to catch samus at first glance.
Maybe scale up Samus a little, and make the pose less flat on her back?
Or maybe keep her on the ground, with one leg on the ground and the rest rearing back
Also, the smoke would stand out more if it showed some of the blue from the door. Smoke catches colors