The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokémon VS Hoenn I AM DONE JAR HAS UPDATED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Image: vshoenn.gif]

FINALLY DONE

ELITE 4?
CHAMPIONS?
MAIN HEROES?

GOD KNOWS.
These are awesome! Can't wait to see how the others will look!
Though, If I remember correctly, isn't Roxanne's hair gray?
thanks, also its a little mix of brown/gray actually, which is why i did a really dull brown in this case.
Oh wow, I spotted myself a JArJar thread and was not dissapointed.
Theose are both quite excellent. Big Grin
The positioning of both of their eyes seems a little off or something though...
Mind getting in a little more detail about that? Not seeing what you mean.

edit: actually i think i see it, noticed something on roxanne's face i messed up. norman ill need help on though.
Roxannes eye looks better a pixel to our left - As for Norman... His eyes feel a little too far to the left or something. Almost like they're too deep or on the wrong angle. Actually yeah, I just slid his eyes to our right one pixel and they seemed to fit the shape of his face better. I'unno, it could just be me.
edited, how's that?
Norman's left eye (the one behind the nose on the dark side of the face) looks too close tot he nose. Move that one a pixel or two towards the outside. The other eye is good as is.

Edit: Actually, I think that might make it too far apart. Try moving his nose to the left a bit. Either the whole nose or just the bridge of his nose which in near the eye.
Goddamn, you really do have this style down. Norman's right iris (our left) needs to be brought in towards his nose by a pixel or two. Roxanne's irises are too close together, so she looks a bit cross-eyed.
I'm not sure if this crit is even valid, since I'm not very familiar with how Pokémon handles things, but here we go anyway;

[Image: jarcrit.png]

I think the eyes looked as if he was gazing away, rather than looking towards his hand (and the direction of the player). I levelled his eyes out, and rotated his face appropriately. Then just added a tiny line to his arm so that it looked like his hand and arm were more relative. At first glance it looks almost like the inside of his sleeve.

Also, epic.
man you guys critted while i was already working on them again, but i applied what everyone said plus some changes in first post.
also thanks
oh wow these are amazing. they look so...official.

please continue.

I want to make one of these one day Cry
Holy freaking crap! These are outright awesome! Are you gonna do chars from the earlier series as well?
nah, everyone in gen 1(in sequel), 2, and 4 got VS portraits already.
I like the foreshortening on the guy, but his hair above the forehead looks kind of lopsided

I know you did some perspective trick there, but it still looks slightly odd
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7