The VG Resource

Full Version: submit to megaman custom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't really like it personally, it's too small a' sheet. Plus technically this isn't chibi, it's 8-Bit.
Its not even 8-bit. It uses more than 3 colors. Tongue
Wait, 8-Bit can't have more than 3 colours? What about Contra? The characters in that had about 5 colours.
8-bit can have 6 colors.
1 layer= max 3 colors.
2 layers= max 6 colors.
Megaman uses 2 layers and has 5 colors.
[Image: nes_spec.gif].
8bit has nothing to do with amount of colors, those are the NES's graphical restrictions. what MM4 meant to say is that NES's sprite were designed(and restricted) to be 8x8 or 8x16 tiles with 3 colors+transparency(4 colors) per tile. megaman sprites bypassed this limitation by using layered sprites in order to get twice as much displayed colors under the same limitations. Contra's Sprites have exactly 4 colors per 8x16 tile.

however, god damn OP, dont link to your deviantART account, use an image hosting to display your image.
[Image: Vile_chibi_by_NightshadeAxl.png]
And give the proper credit to soviet commando here too. this shit isn't custom but rather an edit of someone else's base.
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1461&d=1157221301]
Aren't sprites and edited sprites forbidden on Deviantart?
Sprites are allowed if you actually had a part in making them. Rips and hosting other people`s sprites is disallowed.
no, sprite edits are not allowed.

this however, is an edit of a base, so it fits more as a doll. sprite edits of copyrighted games is what is not allowed.
well ok then here is pikmin ships for pikmin custom[Image: pikminshipicon.png] icon [Image: pikminships.png] sheet
credit to ymmot392 for original dolphin and yes i do have permission
credit to mattdog1,000,000 for sheet
[image: pikminships.png]
(03-24-2010, 03:32 PM)Nightshade Axl Wrote: [ -> ]well ok then here is pikmin ships for pikmin customhttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5100/...ipicon.pngicon [img]sprite sheet[\img] sheet
credit to ymmot392 for original sheet and yes i do have permission

What part of it did you make?

And before anything happens, I'm not accusing you of stealing anything, I'm just curious because of the "credit to ymmot392 for original sheet"
(03-24-2010, 10:23 PM)Chdonga Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-24-2010, 03:32 PM)Nightshade Axl Wrote: [ -> ]well ok then here is pikmin ships for pikmin customhttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5100/...ipicon.pngicon [img]sprite sheet[\img] sheet
credit to ymmot392 for original sheet and yes i do have permission

What part of it did you make?

And before anything happens, I'm not accusing you of stealing anything, I'm just curious because of the "credit to ymmot392 for original sheet"
i made it look a little more like the s.s dolphin
[Image: comparison.png]
Well the shading makes the dolphin look flat. It' seems like the light source is coming from several different directions. It looks like you didn't put as many shading colors for each part, the cockpit, some of the buttons, and the horny thingies has 3 shades, when the rest of the ship has only 2 shades.
(03-25-2010, 06:26 PM)Chdonga Wrote: [ -> ]Well the shading makes the dolphin look flat. It' seems like the light source is coming from several different directions. It looks like you didn't put as many shading colors for each part, the cockpit, some of the buttons, and the horny thingies has 3 shades, when the rest of the ship has only 2 shades.
is this better
[Image: comparison2l.png]
and updated sheet
[Image: pikminshipstwo.png]