The VG Resource

Full Version: it's a me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: custommariothingso.png]
BOOM. what do you think?
Are these based off super mario world sprites from the snes? =D

They look pretty good, you got an animation??
yes for the 1st question, no for the 2nd. i don't really have any gif animation software
(03-20-2010, 10:54 PM)Quackbillion Wrote: [ -> ]yes for the 1st question, no for the 2nd. i don't really have any gif animation software

Try microsoft gif animator, it's free to download, I used it back in the day, although it's quality isn't the best.

It's still saves your gifs, and if you want just use it to animate your sprites and see how they look when they are animated.
I second using MS GIF Animator, especially if you want to put transparency on your GIFs. I`d also recommend Game Maker for aligning your frame so the sprite isn`t always clinging to the top-left corner. MSGA is decent, but it`s about as functional as the first MS Paint, so Game Maker or another program is definitely recommended for pre-positioning frames before loading into MSGA.
These are great, speccially the Yoshi!
You know, I'm making a fangame, I'm the spriter, and I'm very good with tilesets (search my thread, it must be there), but I'm not so good with characters, so I think you can give me permission to use them.
Sure, you can use them in your fangame, just as long as you give credit.
I kinda liked the Koopas being upright. That's the way they are in modern games.
Benton Movie Gif is another great animating program that's free (Personally I like it best)

any who I second the upright Koopa Troopa, seems like there are 2 species, normal Koopa Troops, who are on all 4's, and Koopa Troopas on 2.
The all 4s Koopa was just made for fun, you don't have to use it.
Mario should have a darker pallete.