The VG Resource

Full Version: Thank button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did I miss something? It's gone.
It broke the site so I removed it.
I don't know if I can put it back in without breaking the site again, so for now, it's gone.
how did it break the site?
god forbid people are unable to offer vapid and meaningless thanks to forum posts.
(03-18-2010, 03:41 PM)Chocolate Giddyup Wrote: [ -> ]god forbid people are unable to offer vapid and meaningless thanks to forum posts.

I used it to keep track of things I've accepted. Oh well.
I still think there should be a post rating system that goes both ways, but I guess empty-quoting and "what is this I don't even" still work.
It broke the tables when it was enabled, or something along those lines. It just needs whoever can access tSR's server to download an update, probably.
There was a hole here. It's gone now.
Yeah, I also used it to keep track of some stuff, so I guess I'm going to have do to it manually.
wouldn't this be a good chance to upgrade it a charma-like system? as in "thumb up/down" for each post.
Yes, if we ever put a thank button back, we need some kind of "dislike" or "fuck you" button as well.
(03-18-2010, 04:16 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2010, 03:41 PM)Chocolate Giddyup Wrote: [ -> ]god forbid people are unable to offer vapid and meaningless thanks to forum posts.

I used it to keep track of things I've accepted. Oh well.

If it's a single submission, wouldn't it be easier to just lock the thread after it's accepted? Prevents 10,000 year bumps, too.
But what if the person wants to continue submitting to the same thread? Or someone got a question for the ripper or pointing an error? I don't think the locking is the solution for this.

A good thing about the "Thanks" button is that people could show they agree with the post without having to post something. But if it's broking the code, let's wait a while and see
It's why I said Single Submission. Although I guess I'm mostly referring to the Custom Sprite Submission board, where there's only a very small handfull of ongoing submissions.
Yeah, for customs it might be a good idea, but for all the others... :/
(03-18-2010, 06:38 PM)Dex Wrote: [ -> ]It broke the tables when it was enabled, or something along those lines. It just needs whoever can access tSR's server to download an update, probably.
How exactly did it break the tables? It sounds to me like it would be an easy fix.

I mean, it's not like it causes loads of server errors when it's turned on. Or did it do that, too?
Pages: 1 2