The VG Resource

Full Version: Trianglesquare (a tetris thing with triangles)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm still fairly new but I saw this forum and thought about posting.

Anyways, I got a game that has been in production for over a year now and it's almost finished. So I'd thought I'd ask ppl that I am not familiar with what they think about it. And here it is:

[Image: 3575.png]

Spiffy banner for my my games profile on Toolkitzone.com because I haven't made a starting screen yet.

[Image: 11311.png]

This is what the game looked like October 2008 ago on it's first day. I was using Windows XP on a computer that only had 3gigs of space and 32ghz or something like that. It was slow and it made making the game hard.

[Image: 11520.PNG]

Sometime around new years the game started to evolve.

[Image: 11586.PNG]

And the game continued to evolve.

[Image: 11616.GIF]

On the same month, I came out with the demo. It got a 68% rating from two reviews.

[Image: 12092.PNG]

Then finallly, on November 2009, the "engine" was finally complete and I was ready for develop the game.

And this is what I got now:

[Image: 12138.PNG]

[Image: 12233.png]

[Image: 12234.png]

[Image: 12235.png]

[Image: 12302.png]

[Image: 12306.PNG]

[Image: 12342.PNG]

And soon it will finallly be finished. As fun as it was making it, I can't wait to get it over with.

And here are two conceptual pics.

[Image: 12202.gif]

Made this pic 2 years before I started working on this.

[Image: 12103.PNG]

Err...don't ask.

EDIT:

Here are some more concepts

[Image: 3575.png]

The old logo. I didn't like it due to the "Q" being too skinny.

[Image: anim01.png]

Spriting the main characters Polygona and Polygano.

[Image: background1a.png]

One of 10 backgrounds I will draw.

[Image: blueshatter1.png]

Shattering glass. I had to study some sprites I ripped earlier to find out how to draw 'em.

[Image: newshapes.png]

The games tokens.

[Image: polygona01.png]

[Image: polygona02.png]

More concepts for the characters.

[Image: shapesj.png]

This was used for coding reference. This was the most frequently used image.

[Image: shatteredglass.png]

Glass shards.

[Image: polygona04.png]

Concept for the characters of the ending sequence.

[Image: anim02.png]

Spriting the ending sequence.

[Image: workfolder.jpg]

Where all the magic came from.
Looks neat but... what is it?

Perhaps some sort of gameplay video would show off some more details?
I guess I should show the game in action. I'll get to that later. But for a brief explanation: it's like tetris except you have triangles and you gotta turn them into squares and then break 'em.
in resume its a mix of puyo puyo/columns with tetris, using triangles, am i right? at least thats what i'm getting from the screenshots.
No, it's more based around "Super Gem Fighter II Turbo" mixed with "Pnickies" if you ever heard of that last game.
i need that video gameplay more than ever.
Looks interesting - the graphics aren't too amazing to be totally honest, but the concept seems interesting.
I'd like to see it! Smile
Because no one can understand how to play the game with screenshots alone, here's a gameplay vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2EClshhtX0

(03-18-2010, 04:54 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]the graphics aren't too amazing to be totally honest

Well we can't all hire a sprite artist from Capcom now can we?
(03-28-2010, 08:41 PM)TKGB Wrote: [ -> ]Because no one can understand how to play the game with screenshots alone, here's a gameplay vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2EClshhtX0

(03-18-2010, 04:54 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]the graphics aren't too amazing to be totally honest

Well we can't all hire a sprite artist from Capcom now can we?

the video is set to private.
Oops. It's public now.
No it isn't.
I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me Genki ^_^.

EDIT:

Ok NOW it's working. Although... I'm still confused.
Wow, I have absolutely no idea what you did there.
I still don't understand the game. The only relation I can find to Tetris is that pieces fall from the sky.
The object of the game is that you have falling triangles of different colors. You must arrange same color triangles to form a square. When you make a square, you can use the cursor to destroy it. Linking together same color squares will allow you to make chain combos.
Pages: 1 2