The VG Resource

Full Version: Need a full character sheet [Priority One, please read]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Runouw is ready to update the engine, but to do so he needs a complete character sheet. For a little bit, let's stop bickering and finish a sheet. Sukapon seems to be the easiest one to do, so I say we do him. Sound good everyone?
Sukapon and Kirby. The two easiest characters to do. Right now the problem is there's absolutely no direction, and everybody is getting distracted with extra shit. The focus shouldn't be on character select, or event matches-- it should be on being playable.
We have a pretty decent moveset that was posted in the topic and they basics are made, so all we have to do it move his body parts around, honestly.
I'd say finish Mario's sheet first, but that's just me. Honestly, I think the main three Nintendo characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu) should be completed before anything else.
Or we could go with the easier characters since it's just to test the engine.
Sukapon, Gooey and Kirby would be the easiest characters to complete. Sukapon especially. And maybe Game & Watch, haha.

Why don't we make a "current primary tasks" thread that lists the most important things that need to be done at the moment. You can't help but notice all the trophy/card/adventure mode/event match discussion, and how it takes away from what actually needs to be taken care of..
Mario, Kirby, and Sukapon. Those should be our primary and only focus. You should lock other active topics, just in-case anyone's tempted to not work on these three. (Excluding stickies.)
Okay, but about Sukapon. It seems as if when he is done, he will be about 10 or so separate images.

One of the big things I was working on was a character designer:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6563/...rdesig.png

I think for Sukapon, this would be really useful, because after you get the sprites made, you can assemble all of the animations directly into the game this way.

This may or may not solve the problem of people arguing what characters should be in the game, as any character made using this after the release of the game could be considered downloadable content. But I was originally planning to have this character designer to make it easier for me to add in 30+ characters by hand, not really to allow it to be possible for anyone to make a character.

Other screenshot:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6563/...rdesig.png
WOAH! Was not expecting that!
I'm going to get back to work on Sonic.
Let's work on sheeting characters right now and lock any other characters threads for the time being.
I say we focus on one sheet at a time as a group, starting with Sukapon. Then we can move on to Gooey, G&W, etc. gradually getting to the more difficult characters. Sound good?
(03-14-2010, 09:04 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]I say we focus on one sheet at a time as a group, starting with Sukapon. Then we can move on to Gooey, G&W, etc. gradually getting to the more difficult characters. Sound good?
Agreed!
How can we complete the sheet for characters like Sukapon or Gooey, because we haven't agreed a full moveset for them. What ideas do you guys have?

EDIT: sorry, I didn't see either the Gooey or Sukapon moveset
Pages: 1 2 3 4