The VG Resource

Full Version: some kind of WIP OC thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: wipthing.png]

The proportion and shading is way off here probably, and I'm not even done shading it. if you have anything that can help me make this not suck, post it and don't be afraid to hold back.
(03-13-2010, 05:13 PM)plazinsky Wrote: [ -> ][Image: wipthing.png]
don't be afraid to hold back.

Wouldn't say that if I were you. =P (Just Kidding)

The hair looks akwardly pointy and blocky. Is it supposed to be shaped like that?
it's supposed to look like that but if it's a major problem i'll change it to something more realistic looking
Proportion's not an issue, it's the pose. It's quite awkward. The arms are squashed against the body, the feet hesitant and the smile sloping downwards, aswell as the shoulders being slightly hunched; maybe this is the trait you want to convey, but I don't know where you're going: what is this character's personality like, his temperament? Once you've got this you can work on the pose, and the shading. Putting a lightsource in a particular place can change one's feeling of the character, emphasising on what aspect or another (classic stick a flashlight under face conveys a sinister aspect of a person's face).
You need to show what you're aiming for, make more progress, so that we can understand how to help you precisely.
(03-13-2010, 05:22 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:don't be afraid to hold back.

Wouldn't say that if I were you. =P (Just Kidding)

actually that is a good thing to say because sugarcoating doesn't help anything
the shoulders look a bit uneven, though it could be the arms throwing me off. the arm closer to us seems tucked behind him and thus makes the shoulder closer to us look way bigger than the one away from us.
(03-13-2010, 05:22 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't say that if I were you. =P (Just Kidding)
ugh fuck off just because you can't handle getting crits doesnt mean no one can
besides i thought you said you left
chirs2balls pretty much got everything i was gonna mention so
fix that
Ha...I tested you. I said that just to see it you'd worry more about a little thing I said more than the topic's sprites. It works...
bullshit, backpeddling doesn't mean you're suddenly exempt from being a distinguished gentleman
Whatever man...Stop replying to me, hint hint, I don't like you...
how about both of you stop replying and help the guy with his sprites
The darkest shade on the hair should be used much less to me.
I really have no idea how to shade. I'm looking at some pixel art tutorials, but damn, they're vague. So what do you mean it should be used much less? Like, the middle shade should be dominant?
basically
If it's an OC, then draw/shade it however you want, although it helps to first look at other sprites and decide what direction you want your style to go.
Pages: 1 2