The VG Resource

Full Version: Worms Armageddon (GBC) [Full Worms ripp now.]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[EDIT: Updated the sheet, should be considered a complete Worms battle rip now, also, i decided to give the sprite sheet itself an background due to complains.]
[EDIT2: sorry for updated the sheet so much, its just i didnt expect it to get accepted and uploaded imidietly. Genki ^_^Sweatdrop; ]
Long time no see, was looking around for a decent rip of the Gameboy Color game Worms Armageddon but notesed that all i found was incomplete, so i decided to kill 4hours ripping the sprites myself and make a decent sheet for myself.

Anyhow i tough i could as well share it on the web so no one else have to waste their time ripping them. =P But the problem is, it already exists an very incomplete sheet here on sprite resource, so now im wondering, can i possibly upload my sheet here anyways considering how much more content i ripped that the other guy missed? =7

Anyhow here is the template:
[Image: Worms_Armageddon_GBC_Worms_Icon_Tem.png]
And the sheet itself:
[Image: Worms_Armageddon_GBC_Worms.png]

Hope it gets accepted, if there is any problem just post an reply. (pleas don't send me any messengers on my sprite resource account due to i only is on it when i want to upload anything here, and is in short, not paying attention to my inbox here. =P )
Oh, that's nice. I believe it's ready to replace the sheet on the site.
...Small tiny little sprites +_+
(03-12-2010, 10:30 AM)Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, that's nice. I believe it's ready to replace the sheet on the site.
...Small tiny little sprites +_+

Yep, god bless AnimGet, witshout that program it would been a real pain getting every frame, not only becuse they are small, but becuse of the sprite refresh rate/movement/replacement (you know what i mean.) some really updated after 10milisecounds. xD (so it would been a real pain in the ass ripping the sprites by the good old print screen and cut out, the metod i assume the guy who made the smaller sheet probably did. =P )

I have to say, for being on an 8-bit console it sure got a lot of movement sprites, dont you agree? =3

Also thanks. Genki ^_^

If you want me to edit the name on the template just tell me what i should change it to. (in case 'Battle Sprites' sounds a bit boring. =P )
Oh, I love AnimGet, I use it for all my Genesis/SNes/GBA rips. They still have to program a more useful tool.

Usually GBC games don't have that much sprites, I'm really impressed Shocked But again, you only got the worms and some occasional weapons and background elements, right?

I think it's a better name than "Worms" or "Playable Characters" or something like that.
AnimGet is one of the main programs I use, it's the best program for ripping every second frames easily.
(03-12-2010, 09:25 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I love AnimGet, I use it for all my Genesis/SNes/GBA rips. They still have to program a more useful tool.

Usually GBC games don't have that much sprites, I'm really impressed Shocked But again, you only got the worms and some occasional weapons and background elements, right?

I think it's a better name than "Worms" or "Playable Characters" or something like that.
Well worms Armageddon to GBC was intended to be an portable worms hot-seat game (no link cable support), so thats why it lacks missions, and due to storage limitations they ended up with once they made all sprites and coding they only had room for 12 maps. (3 maps but with 7 different themes, might not sound like a lot but they did a good job with making the themes make the map feel different. =P ) You can play against the Ai as you wish, its very ok to be honest, to bad it sometimes get confused if it is in acorner of the map and digged in. (then it just uses skip go, because i think they didn't give the ai the ability to use blowtorch like in the old PC versions.)

Still a lot of people may be critical against it, but considering how few kb you can stick on a gameboy color cartrage, is a decent game. Cute

Oh, and i updated the sheet, i forgot to add the drowning animations, and i uploaded 2 version of it, one thats compleatly transparent background, and one thats not. =P (so you can see the sheet better.)
(03-12-2010, 10:00 PM)Vaati Wrote: [ -> ]AnimGet is one of the main programs I use, it's the best program for ripping every second frames easily.

Same here, it may be an cpu whore but its making ripping much more simple.
Final version of the sheet, ready to be accepted. Cute