The VG Resource

Full Version: Fighting Game Custom Sprites; Now with Cash Bounty!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wanna get paid to make some custom sprites? Everyone loves the cool hard feel of cash, and we're prepared to get the job done by any means necessary. We're offering up twenty-five bucks [USD] to get a capable spriter to do these three sheets.

You may have noticed this earlier under Rumble wars, but ah well, reposted due to the whole payment aspect.

Our Project
Our goal with this game is to create a platform fighting game. Considering it a mix of conventional fighting games like Street Fighter or Soul Caliber, mixed with Super Smash Brothers. We are using a programming language called Processing. The team consists of four of us in a University Game Design class; two programmers, our project writer, and myself the Designer/Project Manager. Once the game is completed we intend to look into site hosting to allow people to play online.
In terms of layout, the fighter is a one v. one system on local keyboard. We plan on having six selectable characters. But, as things go, none of us are artists. We’re looking to get help from capable spriters. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

We have three characters made up so far, a robot and two humans. We have some other more unique ones coming, but our concept artist has these done so far. For the art style, we are going with a cartoony look and feel to make the game seem crisp and fresh.

Fighters
Cobalt
Judas King
Harvester the Mahogany Ninja
*Note these are base pictures not including weaponry.

Moveset Requirements
These are the motions we would need;
======
Idle
Run
Jump/Land
Air Attack
Hit
Death
Crouch
Normal Attack [1-2-3] Stringable
Down Attack
Up Attack
Special [Normal, Up, Down, Left/Right]
=======
In terms on how many frames that would depend.

All help is greatly appreciated. Please inform me before starting so I can give specifics, to make sure noone else has started that character.

Just from looking on SR to compare a scale/size basically, if they would fit in with the ones located on the Smash Bros page, they should work.

Any capable spriters looking for some good honest work apply below, and we can talk specifics.

Thanks for Looking, we hope we can get some help!
Dave
25 bucks for ALL three sheets? No offense, but you can almost make that much money working 3 hours minimum wage. Of course, if you can stomach 2-frame animations and terrible drawing, I'm sure someone could whip up those three sheets in 2 hours time.
(03-10-2010, 11:48 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]25 bucks for ALL three sheets? No offense, but you can almost make that much money working 3 hours minimum wage. Of course, if you can stomach 2-frame animations and terrible drawing, I'm sure someone could whip up those three sheets in 2 hours time.

Haha, bear in mind we're just university students. It's still better to get something for spriting than nothing. Wink
Twenty five bucks for just making sprites? Okie dokie then.
i love how this guy comes along thinking 25 dollars is a lot of money

"omg im 9 i dont have a job so yes dats a lot of money"
why are you younger than 13
$25 is way, way, way, way, way too small of an amount of money for sprites of this caliber. Most artists usually charge an average depending on the workload, or a certain amount of dollars per frame (like myself).

$25 for the entire job will get you literally no takers.

If I were you I'd start looking into more quotes and stuff like that so you can figure out a much better price. Guessing that for each frame it'll cost between $2-10 for the average commissioneer.
i'd rather reccomend you to save some money and instead work with placeholder sprites while you guys get a proper budget for your game.

its not like you have an entire figthing engine ready with just 3 characters, do you?
You know I'm not doing it.
Just expressing myself.
IDK what everyone is complaining about, most people don't even offer money here.
Most people don't offer money because their requests are reasonably sized

just like yours
NOT
-Borat, 2006
but who cares.

it's money for doing something on a computer.
welp!!!
(03-14-2010, 12:31 PM)Zst123 Wrote: [ -> ]it's money for doing something on a computer.

How does this factor into anything? Work is work.
(03-14-2010, 12:31 PM)Zst123 Wrote: [ -> ]but who cares.

it's money for doing something on a computer.

If the world worked by your logic, there would BE no computers because nobody would be paid to do work on them.

Speaking as an animator, amateur as I may be, 25 dollars isn't even worth ONE sheet. Sure, you might find someone willing to do one sheet or maybe even more for 25 dollars, but if you are looking for professional labor, nobody would work for that. Like I said before, you can almost make that much working for minimum wage for three hours.

One whole custom sheet with a decent amount of frames per animation with as many animations as he is asking for would take much more than three hours to get good quality results. But if you don't care, I could easily whip up crappy animations in ONE hour and get an easy 25 bucks.
Sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that.

It's money for spriting, and spriting is fun to me.
Pages: 1 2