The VG Resource

Full Version: Gnats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: gnatattack.png]
is what i have so far. Can someone help organise the strip and help me rip the boss?
[Image: gnatattack.png]
Font and life added, but i cant figure out a good way to place everything, so can someone help?
There is no "good way" to organize. Your strip looks ok for the most part, but there's a lot of empty space in there. Keep similar things in the same rows. Your fly swatter is good, but your bombs are a horrible layout, for example. I would put all bugs on one line, except the bombs -- put the bombs and their explosions on a separate line. All hands and swatters on one line. Font one one line. So on.

As for ripping the boss, download YY-CHR, play the game until you get to the boss and then save the game state (press F2, I think). Then ALT-Tab out and run YY-CHR. From there, open the save state file you just made (something like "Mario Paint (U).zst" for example). Then under the PALETTE menu open the save state again (first menu item). Now press PGDN (page down) on your keyboard twice, then click on the - button in YY-CHR about 12 or 13 times. Maybe more, maybe less. Scroll through the tiles until you find the pieces for the boss gnat, then just click and copy. Think of it as a small-but-difficult jigsaw puzzle.
The thing is, i don't use zsnes, i use snes9x, but ill see waht I can Manage.
also, here a new arrangement, this i find will make it easier on game maker
[Image: strippagestrip5.png]
EDIT: I got zsnes and yychr, buti cant get the snes mouse to work on zsnes
EDIT2: The way i ripped the other sprites simply doesnt work for the boss. Too Many overlapping sprites.
those squares are an eyesore

do something more like this

[Image: pok1.png]

different subjects are separed, less grating colors for the boxes are used and even small information like width and height of the boxes, as well as the number of frames, are added for more convenience to the user.
Yeah, its a bit harder to see the image when colors area bit too bright
Ok, thanks. Can anyone help me get the mouse working in zsnes?
Config > AddOns > Check Mouse on Port #1 or whatever that option is called
Done that, it still won't move.
First, make sure you have ZSNES version 1.51 or newer (it's better, anyway). Load up Mario Paint. Press ESC to bring up the GUI and go to Config>Devices. Set port 1 to MOUSE and port 2 to NONE or GAMEPAD. The mouse must be assigned to port 1 for Mario Paint to recognize it.