The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic the Hedgehog Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: toofastforthenakedeye-2.png]

I should do Knuckles' knuckles and Tails' tails soon.

Any c+c, specially on Tails is appreciated!
tails is way too fat.

and this just looks as if they made an sprite of Sonic3's boxart.
Sonic's feet should be pointing in opposite directions like his sonic 3 sprite, not forward like his sonic 1 and 2 sprites.

Same with knuckles, especially because he originated that way.
(03-05-2010, 06:44 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Sonic's feet should be pointing in opposite directions like his sonic 3 sprite, not forward like his sonic 1 and 2 sprites.

Same with knuckles, especially because he originated that way.

If there is any special argument about changing the pointing of Sonic and Knuckles' feet other than personal preference and because Sonic 3 had feet positioned like that, then no.

It's not supposed to follow a style from the previous games, it's supposed to BE a style. That's why the monitor is so different, along with the ring, or else I wouldn't change that much. To do those sprites I mostly based from old-school Sonic artworks, not from the previous sprites, although I used them as references as well.

Anyway Tails still has a lot of things to be fixed, along with his belly. I might make Dr.Robotnik next.
Tails needs to be just a bit thinner, his arms need to be thicker, and his snout needs to stick out much more. (According to his official classic art.)
This is more of just my opinion, but the monitor shouldn't be so wide.
Looking good there.
I'm not one to say things about the graphical style of Sonic 4, but...

This is what Sonic 4 should have looked like.
The monitor is too wide - it's like a wide-screen adaptation of the original boxes.
I'd just cut it in to be more square really, simple fix.

Also, Tails does look a bit squished into the middle of himself - his arms look very tight and stuck to him - which is how the previous games had it but I do think it looks odd.
And yeah, he's a bit chubby.

But agreed on this is what Sonic 4 should have been.
Nice job! I love how you`re making your own style here. Sonic style tends to have tons of poses if you`re going for a full game sheet, but that`s what makes it more satisfying when it`s done.
Alright, fixed Tails and did Knuckles' hands.

[Image: toofastforthenakedeye-3.png]

I took that long to post the improvement because I wanted to post Dr.Robotnik as well, but goddamn that fucker is hard to do. So I posted a WIP version of it. Probably going to scrap it because I don't like it one bit grrr.

My intention with the monitor was to do a high-definition monitor, like a plasma TV or something, but I couldn't make it as wide as a HD TV or else it'd look really weird, so I modernized it, but not so much, and that's why it's a bit wider.
Im not sure about the nose :/
Looks a bit, like a clown
a smaller nose it all that fat man needs.
Okay, did some HUGE fixes on uncle Egg, finished him, and did a spring.

[Image: toofastforthenakedeye-4.png]

---

Also, I know this is a classic Sonic project, but I requested Robbydude to do a classic Shadow the Hedgehog for the project, thanks a lot Robby, looks great!

[Image: shadow.png]
robby is a great spriter!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5