The VG Resource

Full Version: Items of all shapes and sizes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 2hdwhsk.png]

Yup. I'm going to try to sprite every single block and item from every single Mario game. No, not really.

Still working on these, C+C is welcome.
Hey, these are pretty good!
Those shrooms could be rounder at the bottom.
I'd prefer those melody blocks to look more shiny.
The characters' heads should be moved forfard a few pixels (or only one).

Nice work overall, though! Cute
Thanks, you two! Fixed up the mushrooms, as well as a few other things.

[Image: 2hdwhsk.png]
I don't like the ice flower that much.
Im really sure about the glitter of the blocks
Looks good.
Could I use them if I give credit?
missing penguin suit?
(03-28-2010, 07:40 PM)Rokto Wrote: [ -> ]missing penguin suit?
This, and like Sigma might have meant, the ice flower probably needs to have less white and more color in the center. My only personal nitpick is that the eyes on the pink Fire-Flower don't seem to be AA-ed correctly (specifically, the pink shade used seems a tad too dark).

Also, it might be nice to have something designating this as a Mario-series custom in the thread title.
if you're going for every tile/item in the games, you're missing SMB's floor tiles and the tanooki suit from smb3, and a few blocks from smw(the star, on/off and another one i cant remember atm).

besides the nitpick that jdaster mentioned, they do look fine
Also if your going for EVERY single power up in mario games maybe you should add the copy and mix flower from Mario and LuigiTongueIT
^ Copy Flower's already there, and I believe the one to the left of it is the Mix Flower.

And to be more clear, the anti-aliasing looks fine on most of the edges, it's just that one flower's eyes that bugs me.
Make a DK block! j/k

But seriously, these are some really attractive sprites. Bright and clean.
@Francisco Cifuentes: I'm not really going to try to sprite every single item and block, but I'll give it a shot.
@jdaster and Sigma: Yeah, the SMW Fire Flower bugged me a bit too. I'll fix that and the Ice Flower right away.
@Rokto: Penguin Suit, Tanooki Suit, and Cape Feather are up next.

With that being said, does anyone have any other suggestions for items?
oh and also you need to round out the green gourd a bit more
(I have no idea what the hell it's called; it's the green pumpkin thing)
the top corners of it are pretty flat, and it would look much better if you rounded them a bit more

and you should totally come up with a flower design for the superball powerup (like in Mario Land; that is clearly different than a fireball powerup)
and the carrot powerup from ML2
and even perhaps a Yoshi egg