The VG Resource

Full Version: ShapeShifters Project Sprites (NEED HELP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NOTICE:
I need an example of a spinning circle sprite, (Such as a large spinning coin, or something similar), to base my sprites off of.

Im not to good with custom Sprites, but this is an idea i had after seeing the BulletHead Project.

This is basically a circular character that can change shape using powerups.

Circle:
[Image: circle.png]
(This will be shown twice as large in-game, so it might help if you do that, but its not necessary)

I added the extra frame, and i think it looks good, although i dont know what it looks like animated.

Also, a new issue i came up with is the arms.

They look bad to me, like the way the one swings, but the other doesnt, depending on which way youre moving.

Any ideas? Instead of copy/pasting, should i make them from scratch?
I can't really explain very well, so I made a quick edit:
[Image: 2427h43.jpg]
(03-02-2010, 02:11 PM)SengirDev Wrote: [ -> ]I can't really explain very well, so I made a quick edit:
[Image: 2427h43.jpg]

Okay, that looks good, but it seems to me likes its more the shape of a cell phone..

Instead of 3 pics for the animation, should i make it 5? and have it turn even farther out, making it more obvious what shape he has?
That'd be a better idea. The face would also benefit from that.
(03-02-2010, 02:16 PM)SengirDev Wrote: [ -> ]That'd be a better idea. The face would also benefit from that.

Okay.

Ill post the newer pictures later, im busy now.

Thanks for the help. Big Grin
i can tell you that, if you want to make a coin-like character, a straight sideview is the worst point of view you could use.
I kept the style i used, but heres an attachement with the extra frames:

I need some feedback on the animation, (i cant animate it, could someone help?).

Also, i cant embed images unless i am at school, so heres an attachement for the moment:
[attachment=3417]
The Attachment is now embedded in the first post.
use www.iaza.com if you want to animate.
(03-02-2010, 09:22 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]i can tell you that, if you want to make a coin-like character, a straight sideview is the worst point of view you could use.

Thats why he rotates when he runs.

Id would have to add legs, (i think), if it was more from the front, but i dont know now...

Could you give an example of what angle he could be shown from, while running?

(03-03-2010, 11:33 AM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]use www.iaza.com if you want to animate.

Its blocked on my computer, even when im at school, under the category "Illegal Drugs"

Anywhere else i can animate it online?
its the laziest character desing ever made. is a gray retangle/circle with no legs.

sideview wouldn't show anything but a gray rectangle every time the character goes idle. so instead, try a 3/4 view, so at least we can always see his face and features.

mean, its a terrible remake of cool spot.
(03-03-2010, 01:42 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]its the laziest character desing ever made. is a gray retangle/circle with no legs.

sideview wouldn't show anything but a gray rectangle every time the character goes idle. so instead, try a 3/4 view, so at least we can always see his face and features.

mean, its a terrible remake of cool spot.

I see what you mean, but i already decided the idle view would be the 2nd frame, so you can see his face, and im thinking about making 11 frames worth of walking.

That would be one side view, and 5 for each side.

Do you think i should just make a sprite of the guy spinning all the way around, like a mario coin, and just edit the poses from that?
[Image: coolspot.PNG]
this is exactly what you are making, character wise.
Yes, thats a great example, but i want mine to be simpler, with only arms, and a face.

Does anyone have a spinning coin example, roughly the size of my sprite?
(Bigger or smaller is okay, but not to small, and not too big.)

I could makes edits off of that, easily, which would help a lot.
so instead of improving what you have, you have to degrade it even more and make an edit of an existing spining coin that hopefully is the same size of what you have(so you don't have to edit what you've done-5 shapes of nothing-).

what a fucking lazy man you are. really.

if you want to make a character of such a simple desing you need to make it stand out somehow, by adding it character and personaily by 1) the way he moves 2) the way he interacts with its surrounding 3)shades*(*if this was the 90's)

right now its easier to breath than what you have posted. mean even that pikman awesome has done more effort than what you've shown right now, because even when he scraps his procjest every three days, he at least makes something worth to be scrapped and puts something in that.
(03-04-2010, 12:19 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]so instead of improving what you have, you have to degrade it even more and make an edit of an existing spining coin that hopefully is the same size of what you have(so you don't have to edit what you've done-5 shapes of nothing-).

what a fucking lazy man you are. really.

if you want to make a character of such a simple desing you need to make it stand out somehow, by adding it character and personaily by 1) the way he moves 2) the way he interacts with its surrounding 3)shades*(*if this was the 90's)

right now its easier to breath than what you have posted. mean even that pikman awesome has done more effort than what you've shown right now, because even when he scraps his procjest every three days, he at least makes something worth to be scrapped and puts something in that.

I understand what you mean by being lazy, but thats not really my problem.

I know i shouldnt blame anything but myself, but using this mac laptop is horrible for spriting.

My usb mouse is gone, and the touch pad on this thing moves by its self, (without anything touching it), so im doing my best to do this.

The reason this character is so simple, is because 1), he can change form, (into a square and triangle), and 2) and he interacts with his surrounding in many ways, (Similar to the Blob, in a Boy and his Blob)

Im redoing his arms now the best i can, making them loose, and not at the same angle the whole time.

If i finish it before school ends, ill embed it. If not, ill attach it until im back.
Pages: 1 2