The VG Resource

Full Version: Review: Dante,s inferno
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After the success of "Dead Space, a survival horror space, the studio Visceral Games decided to bet on a new game with more action, loosely based on the first part of the epic poem" The Divine Comedy "by Dante Alighieri. As the work that gave him inspiration, "Dante's Inferno" explores the Western conception of hell coined in medieval times and uses it as the setting for frantic and brutal fighting.

Towards hell

[Image: 955368_20100205_790screen001.jpg]

The plot shows the violent Dante on a journey to hell to try to save his beloved Beatrice, who made a bet with Lucifer, and lost his alma.O rider must rely on help from the poet Virgil in his descent into the circles of hell to redeem their sins and prepare to face the fallen angel in a final duel. Along the way he still finds time to judge condemned souls of figures such as Pontius Pilate, the poet Orpheus and King Frederick II - and gain some advantage from it.

Unlike his success futuristic terror, who added some new features to a genre saturated, this new project Visceral not hide the desire to copy God of War "without major changes. Expect brutal combos, collecting orbs that are used to buy upgrades, battling giant bosses (with the right of the on-screen buttons to be pressed to complete) and some puzzles to push boxes or rotating gears. Even the colors of the hero Dante are the same as angry Kratos, which may confuse some unsuspecting you see the game at a glance.

The similarity is striking, but not enough to be fatal. The weak point in comparison is just balanced on the mechanics of "Dante's Inferno". The protagonist has a sickle taken from the hands of death itself and a crucifix full of tricks, plus a host of upgrades, moves and special powers. The problem is that all this is superficially tapped since the fighting on many occasions, do not ask more than the frantic press of a button.

Near the end of the game, the scene is reversed and it takes more finesse in plays, what is lost thanks to stronger attacks that break down the defense and may even kill the fallen hero. In fact, wait too expensive and unnecessary deaths in some of those moments Quicktime, asking the User press the right buttons quickly because there is not much room for error and continue the good guy raises a few steps away.

Production of luxury

[Image: 955368_20100205_790screen023.jpg]

The fighting may lose their edge, but the production keeps the interest high. The game design is luxurious and has fluid animation, great voice acting, and sequences in 2D and 3D animation to tell important parts of the plot, set out the passages with their own graphics engine of the game.

[Image: 955368_20100205_790screen006.jpg]

The scenery is fantastic, many repulsive, with sources of gold there and walls created by torture or mass of dung here. The atmosphere of despair, oppression, and the narrative takes it well, with extra touches of nudity and eschatology that fit the context. The themes are heavy and everything in the game was made not to let the player forget that.

Sorry for the use of gamespot images

Who will give a shot for the game?
I'm avoiding this like the plague since I've actually read the Divine Comedy and this looks like the most hamfisted and juvenile interpretation of it possible.

:I
(03-02-2010, 02:06 PM)Epistaxis Wrote: [ -> ]I'm avoiding this like the plague since I've actually read the Divine Comedy and this looks like the most hamfisted and juvenile interpretation of it possible.

:I

Totally agreed. Specially because today I almost flipped by standing right in front of Dante`s tomb at Florence
I'm also not bothering with this.

It's God of War with way more tits. Big deal.

I'll stick with my Ninja Gaiden.
Being the chump that I am, I might get it eventually, just when it goes down in price. I love games like Ninja Gaiden and God of War, even if the stories or concepts are shallower than a wad of spit on the ground.
(03-02-2010, 04:52 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]Being the chump that I am, I might get it eventually, just when it goes down in price. I love games like Ninja Gaiden and God of War, even if the stories or concepts are shallower than a wad of spit on the ground.

Honestly broslice if you like-a those games, you'd be better off getting Devil May Cry 4 and Heavenly Sword
I actually plan to get DMC4 sometime soon, and I can probably buy or borrow Heavenly Sword off my friend.
>Dante's Inferno review

>it's longer than "blatant ripoff of god of war only extremely shitty"
>feels bad man
how long? i just played one hour to made this review
(03-02-2010, 06:37 PM)drakion Wrote: [ -> ]how long? i just played one hour to made this review

lol wow

totally long enough to decided if the game is good or not.
usually one hour is enough to see if a game is good or not.

right now i am making a review Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.
are mods allowed to ban for incompetence when speaking the english language
sorry if my English bothers you

i am trying to have a serious discussion ... and YOU keep posting nonsense, whats your problem?do you have something against me.

as for everyone, i am sorry...i will try to be a better member
Honestly guys I played this game and it is pretty fun. Best game ever? Not even close, but hell its enjoyable for the ride and Cleopatra's tits that have fucking tounges flopping out of them.
cAn you do a review of sonic the hedgehog genesis for the gba pls
thx i need it
Pages: 1 2