The VG Resource

Full Version: Square Enix announces 3 expansions for "Final Fantasy XI"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During the event VanaFest 2010, Square Enix has announced three new scenarios for "Final Fantasy XI" against rumors that the company would abandon the game with the production of "Final Fantasy XIV.

The launch of three new extras for the game is scheduled for later this year for $ 10 each.

They are "Vision of Abysse", "Scars of Abysse" and "Heroes of Abysse", in that order. Each additional brings new battlefields to high levels of character, full of equipment and unpublished monsters challenging.

The scenarios will be available for purchase in the system PlayOnline Viewer. To play, you must have installed the expansion "Rise of the Zilart" and "Wings of the Goddess", previously released.

fans might like it, but... who still play FF11?
I played FFXI for 2 months and didn't get much joy from it at all. This is only going to please the veterans; everyone else is just going to wait for XIV.
i hope for improvements
Care to specify beyond a 4 word sentence with no grammar?

Because if you're just joing to post a (sourceless) news item, with no interest in actually discussing it; I'm just gonna go and lock this thread now.
when i said improvements i meant like: a better battle system(more like ff12) a more improvements on sounds, and more fair challenges, not too hard or easy, also.. better servers...., the servers of ff11 are just, horrible,, constants crashes and vulnerable for hacking .
I don't know why they didn't just make it "Final Fantasy Online" so I wouldn't feel screwed out of a real game.
A better battle system? It`s a bit too late for that (some years late). Wait for FF14 instead

Anyway, I`ve read about the last 3 mini-expansions and they are horrible. A giant moogle with sunglasses and random SFX as a final-boss of the expansion? WTF?
On the other hand, the lowered price and the fact that Square is giving everyone who has an active account for 11 a beta pass for 14 means this is the best possible time to start.
Just... don't tell anyone about the download/patch install time. I swear it takes twice as long as WoW.