The VG Resource

Full Version: Star Fox Fan Game Sprites Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I just got Game Maker, i want to test out my abilities with it. I've searched around the main site and the custom Fox sprites are pretty decent. But, I personally dont like them that much (no offence to the people who made them). I do not require an entire sheet, but at least a scrap of his body parts so that i can atleast make my own animations. Scraps should include parts for the following animations:
Running
Jumping
Idle
Walking
And some attacks
Thanks alot!Big Grin
I'll do it! I mean, with all the information in that post, I can clearly tell what style, what size, and how many colors to use in these sprites! In fact, it's like I'm able to read your mind right now!
Ok, thats a little creepy, i hope you cant really read my mind! XD THanks, and actually if you could also give some examples, because im not really that good at putting together scraps, so thanks alot!
Well, if all you're doing is testing the program out, you don't really need nice looking sprites.

But anyway, there were these SSBB Fox sprites that I started and someone else made a sheet with a few years ago that, while not REALLY good, they were probably better than the ones currently on the main site. I can't find them anymore, but I have some of my old wips of it.

[Image: foxsheet.png]
[Image: ssbbfox.png]

Keep in mind that these are quite old and really disorganized, and there are actually a few scraps left on there of the next version of the sprite as well (as well as some random stuff that I was also working on way back then).

EDIT: BTW, I think the first reply was sarcastic...
(02-28-2010, 04:52 PM)MaxTheNinjaKitten98 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, thats a little creepy, i hope you cant really read my mind! XD THanks, and actually if you could also give some examples, because im not really that good at putting together scraps, so thanks alot!
e: no that image sucked lets use this one instead:
[Image: 1264034678291.jpg]
Alright, thanks alot Sploder! If i figure out how, I will put you in the credits!
Edit: Ok, is there some kind of ground-based enemy fox has? If so, can you make a sheet please? it only needs walking and attacking. Thanks again Big Grin
Edit 2: Sploder-I'm not actually testing it out I've already created 2 platformer games! Tongue Wink
I'll think about it, but I probably don't really have the time to do it. Sorry...

Personally, I think it'd be better for you to try making something Metroid instead, as there are already plenty of sprites available for you to use, and the gameplay that you seem to be asking for would better suit Metroid than Star Fox. Really, Star Fox is not usually a platform shooter. You did say that you were just trying the program out, so it may be better to just try something for which many resources already exist.

If you take me up on that, here are some fangaming sites that might be useful.
http://www.mfgg.net/
http://metroidr.brpxqzme.net/

There really aren't very many (if any) Star Fox-related fangame sites, as Star Fox gameplay is 3D and therefore somewhat more complex.
(02-28-2010, 08:16 PM)Sploder Wrote: [ -> ]I'll think about it, but I probably don't really have the time to do it. Sorry...

Personally, I think it'd be better for you to try making something Metroid instead, as there are already plenty of sprites available for you to use, and the gameplay that you seem to be asking for would better suit Metroid than Star Fox. Really, Star Fox is not usually a platform shooter. You did say that you were just trying the program out, so it may be better to just try something for which many resources already exist.

If you take me up on that, here are some fangaming sites that might be useful.
http://www.mfgg.net/
http://metroidr.brpxqzme.net/

There really aren't very many (if any) Star Fox-related fangame sites, as Star Fox gameplay is 3D and therefore somewhat more complex.

Alright, thanks for atleast the fox sprites! And maybe i will do a metroid game or some thing. Thanks for the ideaCool

EditSurprisen second thought, I need some help with game maker. If anyone has experience, Please PM me and i will explain what I need.