The VG Resource

Full Version: A Whole New Style...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An attempt at a random, and rather bizarre style, if you ask me.
[Image: supermariokun.png]
(My sprite is on the right.)
A style from an SNES game called Super Ninja-Kun. I have never played or even heard of the game before.
I just felt like picking a random style and spriting Mario in it. Inspired by ninspriterx's challenge to sprite Mario in 100 different styles.

As always, C+C is appreciated.
The cap seems a bit blocky in the back.
Also, make his left arm visible. I think it would look better.

It's brilliant Siggy i love it to death
(02-28-2010, 07:13 AM)Fidu Wrote: [ -> ]The cap seems a bit blocky in the back.
Also, make his left arm visible. I think it would look better.
[Image: supermariokun2.png]

(02-28-2010, 07:13 AM)Fidu Wrote: [ -> ]It's brilliant Siggy i love it to death
ty
(02-28-2010, 07:23 AM)Le Sigma Wrote: [ -> ][Image: supermariokun2.png]

Yep, it's better now. Great work
To make it just a bit different from Ninja, give Mario larger arms (Mario has some pretty big arms... Shocked')
You should also use much less gray.
The gray on his hat's cover looks very out of place, try just recoloring it to red.
HIS left overall suspender should be thinner than the right one. (Since its on the side of him that's facing away from us.)
(02-28-2010, 09:48 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]To make it just a bit different from Ninja, give Mario larger arms (Mario has some pretty big arms... Shocked')
You should also use much less gray.
The gray on his hat's cover looks very out of place, try just recoloring it to red.
HIS left overall suspender should be thinner than the right one. (Since its on the side of him that's facing away from us.)
[Image: supermariokun3.png]
Changed the hat and suspender, but could you help me with the arms?
The hair looks odd because of the amount of contrast. Try to make it look less gray, and more black. Also, his body seems a bit too short compared to the official sprite.
[Image: marioninja.png]
Fixed just to show what I mean Sigma.
(03-05-2010, 08:02 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: marioninja.png]
Fixed just to show what I mean Sigma.
Whoa. That's... really different. Kind of like he's high or something idk. Nonetheless, I'll take that into consideration. Thanks!