The VG Resource

Full Version: A Captain & A Blockified Counterpart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: new1e.png]
I expect to make a little animation for both of them.

For Olimar I want to do a battle stance + plucking each color pikmin and throwing em'. Before that I need help with his hair, and helmet, and what ever else is there.
the hair looks like a wierd mohock, each hair should have it's own room, and the light at the end of the helmet looks like somthing from Yoshi island, otherwise, it's good
Thanks man :] I'll be sure to work at that.

a wittle update:
[Image: new1g.png]
daww, wookit the little pikmin. however...it looks really square. I know you have limited space because it's so tiny, but try making its head look rounder? possibly the body too.
(02-25-2010, 09:47 PM)ninspriterx Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks man :] I'll be sure to work at that.

a wittle update:
[Image: new1g.png]

thats alot better, I can't see anything wrong with it now
Alrighty, polished up the Pikmin and finished up Olimar.
[Image: new1m.png]

Any comments before I start animating?
the helmet looks like its behind olimars head rather than on it.
perhaps the leaf could be bigger? they're usually as big as the pikmin's head.
(02-26-2010, 06:04 PM)Bluline Wrote: [ -> ]the helmet looks like its behind olimars head rather than on it.

I noticed that but I have not the slightest clue on how to approach it :/
(02-26-2010, 08:12 PM)ninspriterx Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2010, 06:04 PM)Bluline Wrote: [ -> ]the helmet looks like its behind olimars head rather than on it.

I noticed that but I have not the slightest clue on how to approach it :/
try adding a highlight on his face, crossing into the helmet?
You could try to enlarge/move the shine on his helmet so it's in front of his head.
Or you could make the skincolor less saturated or a bit darker...
Or whatever I don't even know.

[Image: olimar-1.png]
pretty much what I said :c
For the Memory Waluigi, I think the arm on the far side should be placed higher the closer arm.
[Image: 16914624945-iaza.gif]
Ummmm...
That's a great start, just add more frames to make it smoother. As for Waluigi, remove the antialiasing under the arms, they detract from the blocky look.
He doesn't need more frames, it's just the frame timing that needs to be adjusted.
Pages: 1 2 3