The VG Resource

Full Version: Well, Gee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I quess this would be where to post for this kind of thing, huh?
Well, my request would be to do standing sprites, and then sheets of four of my Mega Man Robot Masters.
Those four specifically are Dig Man, Box Man, Bungee Man, and Phoenix Man.

I will copypasta descriptions, and I would like you to sprite them. In case you can't work with descriptions, drawings will be up shortly. I'd like you to start with a standing sprite, and if I like it, I'll describe that character's moves, and you would sheet them.
I also have four others that have already been sprited, and I would like to be sheeted, who I may post at any time, if either one of the others has been finished, or if there is absolutely no interest in spriting one of the ones I have already described.

Bungee Man has an oval head pointing diagonally up and back, ending in a point(Somewhat resembling a teardrop), a backpack with a bungee cord coming out, two small bumps on his wrists, and legs directly connected to his feet.
His eyes are in a frightened look, coupled with a very small, one-or-two pixel mouth.His Backpack, Bumps and Head are Orange, and his Cord, Body and lower half are a Light Blue.
Bungee Man is a medium-sized Robot Master, comparable to Cut Man and Quick Man.

Box Man is similar to Air Man and Napalm Man, being one of the ones with just a face, not a whole head. He does, however, have a helmet, shadowing his eyes. His main torso is much like Air Man's, and in his stomach there is a Boxing Glove with a spring on it, somewhat like some sort of Jack-in-the-Box. He has Black Arms, ending in Boxing Gloves. His legs are also black, likewise ending in Red, rounded feet. His torso is Grey, and the Boxing Gloves are Red for the main part, and white/grey for the armholes. The hole is black, and the spring is grey.
Box Man is a medium/large Robot Master, like Air Man.

Dig Man has a round head with a shovel Helmet, and one arm ending in a shovel. His feet are sharp, and he's mostly brown. He's a medium/large, but more like Wood or Guts Man than Air Man.
His Feet and Shovels are both Silver.

Phoenix Man is my most undeveloped Robot, and I don't really care what you do, so long as it has a beak, wings, a flame-like crest and Fire on some part of the body.
Red and Orange.

Oh yes, and this is all in Mega Man Classic Eight-Bit style. This also means accomadating to color limits.

Is this specific enough, or should I also provide you with a drawing?
I believe it is time to allow this post to once more rise to the first page.
Quote:Whaaa? In this forum and in this forum only, you can request sprites. You will be warned elsewhere. Keep in mind, this does not mean you will get what you were asking for, but you can always give it a shot, right?
(03-08-2010, 11:01 AM)Tea Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Whaaa? In this forum and in this forum only, you can request sprites. You will be warned elsewhere. Keep in mind, this does not mean you will get what you were asking for, but you can always give it a shot, right?
I'm not complaining, It's simply that I would like my request to be viewed by any/more people. It was a few pages past.
you'll have a better time trying these on your own and asking for help in sprite discussion. considering you have quiet a clear idea of what do you want, it shouldn't be that hard to sprite them.
(03-08-2010, 10:04 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: [ -> ]you'll have a better time trying these on your own and asking for help in sprite discussion. considering you have quiet a clear idea of what do you want, it shouldn't be that hard to sprite them.

While that should be true, I am truly horrible at the style.
The best I've everdone is a crappy edit of Helmetless Mega Man to look like this.
come on, its not like you can noot edit airman to make boxman, cant you.

after all, no one is going to bash you in sprite discussion if you dont act like an arrogant brat.
(03-08-2010, 10:44 PM)Crash_Man Wrote: [ -> ]The best I've everdone is a crappy edit
man the fuck up and sprite them yourself

judging from the god complex i've seen in your other posts around here, you won't run off as soon as someone tells you they're not amazing

stop fishing for sympathy
do them yourself
etc

tl;dr man the fuck up and sprite them yourself

judging from the god complex i've seen in your other posts around here, you won't run off as soon as someone tells you they're not amazing

do them yourself
etc

tl;dr for real:
you don't get a tl;dr read the god damn post
(03-09-2010, 03:06 PM)crotch buffet Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2010, 10:44 PM)Crash_Man Wrote: [ -> ]The best I've everdone is a crappy edit
man the fuck up and sprite them yourself

do them yourself
etc

tl;dr man the fuck up and sprite them yourself

do them yourself
etc

tl;dr for real:
you don't get a tl;dr read the god damn post
Thanks for the uh...er...[sarcasm]kind words[/sarcasm], and that tl;dr joke is funny. Don't worry, I read, I don't tl'dr.
Thanks Crotch Buffet, I did make them myself, and you know the result.
I only made that fricken thread to get crit. You know, people who'll HELP ME GET BETTER.
What I got was a bunch of assholes simply saying "Wow, those suck" and, you know, NOT giving me crit.

The assholes on this forum boast that they give people constructive criticisms to help new people get better, but no. All they do is act like assholes to people. All I fucking got was people pointing out what I already know.

Also, the mod who locked my thread had no reason to. I was not spamming, or breaking any rules. All I did was post my work, looking for criticism. But no, that's apparently not allowed.

Should I mention that you're the one who told me to, oh, what's the word, MAN THE FUCK UP AND SPRITE THEM MYSELF.
I did. I was looking for crit, know what I got? I've probably mentioned this before, but I got NOTHING. The closest thing to CC I got was "Those aren't in the style, but I won't tell you how to make the style work better" and "Scrap those and make something better. I won't tell you HOW to make them better, but whatever."

Francisco, you are the only person I've met on this forum who's been helpful and/or supportive. Thanks.

By the way, if anyone gives a damn, All three of them were directly edited off of other Robot Masters. Bungee Man was Cut Man, Box Man was Air Man, and Dig Man was Magnet Man.

Oh yeah, and I might as well say something I forgot to in my thread, I'm trying to work on Dig Man's colors, there isn't really a brown in the NES Color Scheme.

So yeah. Just about everybody on this fucking forum can go to hell. Except you, Francis. You can go to Purgatory. It's much nicer.
Do you know why everyone here is an ass to you? It's because you can't make a fuckin post without going "You asshat butt lickers wah wah fuck fuck fuck!"

Seriously, grow the hell up and stop trying to turn every damn post you make into an insult and then maybe people won't get on your case.
you know, when you act like an asshole first (the whole making an arrogant OP thing) that doesn't really set you up for success

inb4 another lock
(03-10-2010, 04:13 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know why everyone here is an ass to you? It's because you can't make a fuckin post without going "You asshat butt lickers wah wah fuck fuck fuck!"

Seriously, grow the hell up and stop trying to turn every damn post you make into an insult and then maybe people won't get on your case.

can't agree with this any harder
only read the first paragraph or so of that post

you want to know WHY know one gave you crit?
read my huge wall of text in that thread

you don't automatically get respect
you've been presenting yourself like this since you came here:
IM BETTER THAN YOU ALL HAHAHA
IM AMAZING
NOW FUCK ALL OF YOU YOU ALL SUCK
AND GIVE ME CRIT ON THIS SHITTY ARTWORK HAHAHA
IM AMAZING
OH GOD STOP SAYING THEY'RE SHIT YOU SUCK
IM AMAZING HAHAHA

you're not amazing
you're exactly the same as the 9 year old fuckwits too incompetent to speak the language spoken in their own god damn country

also i was reading your post while i typed this up(multitasking fuck yes)

>The closest thing to CC I got was "Those aren't in the style, but I won't tell you how to make the style work better" and "Scrap those and make something better. I won't tell you HOW to make them better, but whatever."

we're not going to spoonfeed you crits
besides, like I said before, a direct insult is the most useful comment you will ever recieve
why?
because a direct insult SHOULD(it obviously didn't for you because hurrrrr)
cause you to start thinking things like "why would he say that?" "is it really that bad" "well, hmm, what IS wrong with it?" "maybe it's *problem* or *problem*." "I could fix these myself, but I'm still not sure. Asking if that's what they meant would work equally as well"

i lost my train of thought after that so
fuck you stop acting like you're better than everyone and expecting to get respect and sugarcoated happiness in return
4 text walls in 10 days
2 of them were directed at you
you are just really intent on helping me shatter my old record arent you
i mean
it's not even halfway through the month yet
oh hey that post is fucken huge
no wonder you guys managed to squeeze in posts before me
epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text
EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT
epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text epic wall text
EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT EPIC WALL TEXT
Yeah I'm warning you kthxbie
Pages: 1 2