The VG Resource

Full Version: Writing a book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im centering it on a pirate traveling across the globe becoming the best pirate ever generic pirate guest stuff

the world is caught ina limbo having several time periods combined

im wanting him to meet/fight/recruit people of different time periods such as Spartans, Xialon Monks, Samoan warriors, ninjas, knights, etc

i need ideas on what type of folks he meets along the lines of ninjas, spartans etc. I need more groups to choose from pretty much

~Love~
robo9
One Piece with anachronisms.

Wow. Make it a space pirate with some sort of time machine and you can at least justify it; but it'll still be as pulpy as fuck.
(02-23-2010, 07:14 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]One Piece with anachronisms.

stole my post
Im wanting to just have generic current date, and during a ww3 type deal a bomb sets off a giant reaction, creating a time hole limbo
I was looking at my older notes, sorry

Story is about a evil, fat king who is caught in the aftereffects of the war who begins to terrorize and rip a hole in time
pirate with a rapier decides to find a crew and stop him
goddess gives certain people special powers including pirate
the pirate has to find the powered people and recruit them into his crew
vikings and ancient romans

also mayans
(02-23-2010, 07:22 PM)Paper Jam Boy Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking at my older notes, sorry

Story is about a evil, fat king (dex) who is caught in the masseffects of the war on terror who begins to fart and rip a hole in his pants
pirate with a diaper decides to find a crew and stop him
goddess gives certain people special needs including a helmet
the pirate has to find the seven color kids and recruit them into his bordello

I'm so bored. Blank
Vikings good idea.

I was thinking of including the mayans at the end, or around the beginning, showing a prophecy of around 3013 (which is when it starts, a new part of the Mayan calender is found, lengthening it by 1001 years)
and I was planning to include Julius Ceaser (and cleopatra) as an ambassador to the ruler and his wife.

I'm going to base some characters on people I know, so basically the antagonist Edgar Gentry "the big m" and his wife "Martha Hendrix" or Big Hen are based on my narrow minded pricipal who literally I hate for many reasons, and my old, very racist home ex teacher who hated me, and whom I hated as well.
So far I got

character-weapon-power

pirate-rapier, dual meat cleavers maybe as well?-idk
Samurai-samurai blade, idk
Greek wrestler-spiked knukles-idk
Egyptian-giant Egyptian hook thing-idk
ninja-generic ninja shit-idk
shiaolin monk-Bo staff-idk
robot/futuristic guy-idk-idk
jester
I need better ideas on the main crews make up and powers :/
greek wrestler also known as spartan soldier.
The fact that you're focusing on what weapons and abilities they might have as opposed to

say

PERSONALITY AND CHARACTERISATION makes me hate this. And you.
:/

Woah there, grooveman. Weapons and powers don't change the way they act. He can come up with that at any time.
Are you honestly telling me that the weapon gimmicks for a character take precedence over actually making them 'characters' in the first place?

Because then you're just making up reskins for a videogame beat em up or something. Usually abilities and weapons of choice (if they have weapons at all - the written word isn't so great a medium for easily visualised combat) are generated from the personality and style of the character that's meant to be using them, not the other way aro-

And suddenly I've stopped caring. It's not like you'll get beyond a stolidly-written paragraph anyway.
...I never said that.

All I said was that the weapons that said character uses doesn't define that character, instantly turning them into Generic Stereotype #5.

Since their weapons don't affect their personalities, I see no reason why the two can't be interchangeable in order. Not that one takes precedence over the other, but since the two don't change anything about the other, there's no problem in choosing to do a certain one first.

Get it?

edit- You can have "flamboyantly gay pirate" using "badass berserker axes" and have "total badass ninja warrior" using the dinkiest weapon around. That doesn't affect their personality types, though.
[Image: dont.png]
dont
[Image: give.png]
give
[Image: 46044061.png]
a
[Image: 19158044.png]
fuck
[Image: 77197329.png]
Pages: 1 2