The VG Resource

Full Version: technical request; wondering if anyone's willing to help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it's not so much of a sprite request as it is a "does anyone know how to do this" thing

you see,
I want to try again at ripping the sprites from Fire Emblem 4 (Seisen no Keifu for you fans of the game), but the game's all compressed and stuff so Tile Molester won't help or anything

then a thought occurred to me:
is there a debug room in that game?

I haven't found much information on it, and I'm wondering if any of you have any idea how to access it (provided that it's still in the ROM !!)

If nobody knows how to do this, then I pose an alternative question:
in ZSNES and/or SNES9x, is there a way to change the background color so that when you remove backgrounds, it isn't all black? The sprites use full black as an outline, so I lose a good portion of the sprite every time I do that :/
Quote:in ZSNES and/or SNES9x, is there a way to change the background color so that when you remove backgrounds, it isn't all black? The sprites use full black as an outline, so I lose a good portion of the sprite every time I do that :/
As far as I know: No.

I would try to rip with layers and delete the bothering colours manually.
By the way, did you tried YY-CHR instead of Tile Molester?
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resourc...ychr-snes/
Davias, a general rule of thumb is if one don't work, another one probably won't. I did check YY-CHR and it did work which should mean that Tile Molester should also work.

oB2Ko: Are you sure you have the codec set up right? Go to 1A0000 (that is where I found the character map sprites) and see if they show up (they're organized weird, it goes body, then head).
well, I can find the map sprites, but it's the animations I'm looking for :<

plus the file's set up so that you have the mounts at 1A0000, and the foot soldiers at 170180
the thing that's keeping me from ripping them is the fact that there's no movement sprites for them :/

plus I'm looking for how to pull out the in-battle sprites :L
well, at least I have an idea to circumvent the black background bit
the problem now is getting all the units together in one place. So I need the debug room (or a savestate with each generation 100% available !!)