The VG Resource

Full Version: Rob's Pixel crap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: jimpixel.png]

jim is one kerwaii mothafucker

C+C is heavily advised
The shapes are incredibly simple and plain, the shading lacks contrast, the colors are boring and it generally looks incredibly flat.
what the gay baby said. unless you're planning to expand on that character in any way, then its pretty much a 5 min desing.

welp made the head smaller

I tried to make the colors stand out more
Cute character, however you could add more personality into him to make it more memorable.
I made something small based on your character to show you, it might help a bit.
[Image: preveiw3844248543-iaza.gif]
I didn't change much with the colours, mostly just the skin. Also, I made it into a hat because I was unsure whether it was one or a helmet. Tongue
the revamped version looks unbalanced, but it's better overall
Less angles, less banding, more consistent shading, and less varied contrast are all that is needed.
(02-22-2010, 10:26 PM)Delicious Wrote: [ -> ]Cute character, however you could add more personality into him to make it more memorable.
I made something small based on your character to show you, it might help a bit.
[Image: preveiw3844248543-iaza.gif]
I didn't change much with the colours, mostly just the skin. Also, I made it into a hat because I was unsure whether it was one or a helmet. Tongue

Its actually a Beanie x:

tbh Palette is kinda my worst side when it comes to pixel work but this helps!

I made it so it kinda expresses my style of work I guess.
Good work, looks nice. Smile
Sorry it was a bit unbalanced, I just tried to wip something up to just show a few points.
wow that is better. More color may give it a better look? I mean like more shades of green on the beanie and you know....
his arms seem a little huge; is it supposed to be like that?
(02-23-2010, 06:53 PM)Delicious Wrote: [ -> ]Good work, looks nice. Smile
Sorry it was a bit unbalanced, I just tried to wip something up to just show a few points.

It's okay man, its just that I kinda don't want it to look like as if someone else made it, but it was helpful so have a thanks