The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokémon Ranger Map Sheets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ay youz guyz,

I'm looking for map sheets from the Pokémon Ranger games. The only sheets SR seems to have are of npc's and Pokémon families. There are really no maps on SR, except for the southern half of Fall City, Ring Town, and the Ranger Base.

If any of you would, I would like the entire Fall City map, and maybe a few random wilderness areas. I don't want to burden anyone with a major request, so I'm just hoping that after I request these few things, that someone may get the urge to extract all the sprites, maps, etc...

Thanks youz guyz! I really appreciate it!
(02-15-2010, 05:47 PM)Captain Arcane Wrote: [ -> ]Ay youz guyz,

I'm looking for map sheets from the Pokémon Ranger games. The only sheets SR seems to have are of npc's and Pokémon families. There are really no maps on SR, except for the southern half of Fall City, Ring Town, and the Ranger Base.

If any of you would, I would like the entire Fall City map, and maybe a few random wilderness areas. I don't want to burden anyone with a major request, so I'm just hoping that after I request these few things, that someone may get the urge to extract all the sprites, maps, etc...

Thanks youz guyz! I really appreciate it!

Actually I've been playing Pokemon Rangers on my emulator, I could go ahead and rip these for you within a few days or so...it's just, the emulator doesn't show some parts of the background, characters properly sometimes (stretching,tearing to be precise). I'll see what i can do though
(02-15-2010, 11:04 PM)Lloyd_irving_1 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I've been playing Pokemon Rangers on my emulator, I could go ahead and rip these for you within a few days or so...it's just, the emulator doesn't show some parts of the background, characters properly sometimes (stretching,tearing to be precise). I'll see what i can do though

Alright, thanks man! I really appreciate it. If you have too much trouble though, don't bother; I don't want to burden you or anything.

But again, thanks a lot man, I really do appreciate it!
Well I don't have the full sheet just yet, but I'll have it up here in a few hours...or by tommorow, JPEG got the best of FallCity I'm afraid Ouch!

I DO have:
-CaptureAreaBackgrounds
-KrokkaTunnel(90%)
-FallCity RangerBase..

EDIT:
Woohoo! = D got the 1st half done again (2nd half was never finished to begin with), I'll get the insides of houses/buildings and 2nd half ripped plus organize this a bit more tommorow.
FallCity(North) part1
While I dunno if I have the software on my comp anymore, I'm aware that Tahaxan works perfectly with Pokémon Ranger, and you can view all the maps that way. I might take a look later today.
(02-22-2010, 09:33 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]While I dunno if I have the software on my comp anymore, I'm aware that Tahaxan works perfectly with Pokémon Ranger, and you can view all the maps that way. I might take a look later today.

I appreciate the offer, but actually it was just a misunderstanding for the most part, at the time I WAS playing Pokemon Ranger...just, it was the 2nd game = P.

I hadn't played the first one for nearly a year or so, it was a bit hazy, the only problems with Pokemon Ranger are with the sprites, shadows show up over the characters feet (improper depth), a few pixels off of nearly every sprite is missing, stretching 1 pixel or so on some sprites.
Background, thank goodness, seem to be perfectly fine though.
I uh,
Was responding to the OP. And since tahaxan is a resource editor, it deals with the tiles for the background directly - no rendering issues.
(02-22-2010, 05:53 PM)Lloyd_irving_1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2010, 09:33 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]While I dunno if I have the software on my comp anymore, I'm aware that Tahaxan works perfectly with Pokémon Ranger, and you can view all the maps that way. I might take a look later today.

I appreciate the offer, but actually it was just a misunderstanding for the most part, at the time I WAS playing Pokemon Ranger...just, it was the 2nd game = P.

I hadn't played the first one for nearly a year or so, it was a bit hazy, the only problems with Pokemon Ranger are with the sprites, shadows show up over the characters feet (improper depth), a few pixels off of nearly every sprite is missing, stretching 1 pixel or so on some sprites.
Background, thank goodness, seem to be perfectly fine though.

Well, first of first; thank you so much for this. By the time it got to Friday, I figured that you either forgot about it, or you decided not to rip them. And so in effect, I myself started ripping things myself; BUT nothing this complete!!! So again, thank you so much.

In terms of the work I've done. I've got every indoor map from Ring Town, besides the Trainer Station (since it has already been ripped), and every indoor map in Fall City, besides the factory.

You and GrooveMan mentioned this "Tahaxan", which I have never heard of. But, seeing how you both conclude that it can rip entire maps perfectly from Pokémon Ranger, I'm going to have to take a look at this then.

This game is full of so many beautiful maps that have barely been tapped by the community that I find it almost ridiculous that no one has taken the time to get this done. But, I'm ripping these for more than just the reason of submitting them...but that is another topic, and I will save it for another time and forum.

Again, thank you so much for your help 'Lloyd, I appreciate it so much. And thanks GrooveMan for mentioning Tahaxan; I'm going to check it out right now.
Tried it out now, and yep, it works like a dream. I extracted a map at random:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7376/shrined.png

Huge maps, perfect accruacy, no fuss. Only problem is that you can't extract in bulk. You'll have to save every image, one at a time.
(02-22-2010, 06:40 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Tried it out now, and yep, it works like a dream. I extracted a map at random:

Huge maps, perfect accruacy, no fuss. Only problem is that you can't extract in bulk. You'll have to save every image, one at a time.

GrooveMan, I'm having a bit of trouble using Tahaxan. I've downloaded the runtime stuff, and it works. But, when I open the pokemon ranger rom, the files show up as question mark icons, and when I extract them, I cannot view them.

Did you by chance change or add something to allow you to extract them?
Cry Tahaxan, Who The F*** invented this monstrosity!? I want a name!..

I was under the impression Tahaxan was an emulator...but wow, just wow, I feel so obsolete, regardless though, thank you GrooveMan.
(02-22-2010, 07:06 PM)Lloyd_irving_1 Wrote: [ -> ]Cry Tahaxan, Who The F*** invented this monstrosity!? I want a name!..

I was under the impression Tahaxan was an emulator...but wow, just wow, I feel so obsolete, regardless though, thank you GrooveMan.

Lloyd, have you gotten the extracted files to work correctly, or are you just commenting on the picture GrooveMan uploaded?
Groovy's picture, I just downloaded it about a minute ago, I would think some googling would solve this asap.
(02-22-2010, 07:27 PM)Lloyd_irving_1 Wrote: [ -> ]Groovy's picture, I just downloaded it about a minute ago, I would think some googling would solve this asap.

I've tried, but I can't get an answer.

This looks like a job for ~GrooveMan~Exclamation
(02-22-2010, 06:44 PM)Captain Arcane Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2010, 06:40 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Tried it out now, and yep, it works like a dream. I extracted a map at random:

GrooveMan, I'm having a bit of trouble using Tahaxan. I've downloaded the runtime stuff, and it works. But, when I open the pokemon ranger rom, the files show up as question mark icons, and when I extract them, I cannot view them.

Did you by chance change or add something to allow you to extract them?

Well yes, you can add extra resource files to get it to read additional formats. The message boards for the program have quite a few; but it's been so long since I downloaded and used my copy, I dunno what resource files I used.

For now, if there's a particular area you want me to rip for you, I can get that done. Ripping all maps will take time; time wghich I'm nooot exactly willing to give up right now. I'll also see about zipping up my own copy, so you could cut out the middle man.

Edit: Oh, not all file types are automatically readable, since not all of them contain graphical data. :V

You'll be wanting to look in the folder clearly labelled 'map', if you've not done so already.
Pages: 1 2