The VG Resource

Full Version: Tetris DX Tetriminos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: tetrisdxtetriminosheet.png]

A complete sprite sheet of the Tetriminos, as seen in Tetris DX for Game Boy Color, complete with the palette when played on a normal Game Boy (there are no special palettes for Super Game Boy).

If you look closely, you'd see that the Minos have slightly different graphics as BG objects (i.e. in the Next Queue and as Blocks in the Matrix) and sprite objects, with the exception of the Minos for the T and O Tetriminos, which I have included for completeness's sake.

Confused about the terminology I've used for the sheet and this description? Check out the official Tetris glossary.
Everything looks good, and very nicely organized too.
*Old man voice* Though they used to be called "Tetrads" back'n my day...
Isn't it Tetraminos? *shot*
Clean and well-organized rip. Must be some subtle differences in color, as the I-, Z- and L-blocks are the only ones that look any different to me.
Where is the difference between both sides?
Here, I'll post a comparison between the BG and sprite Minos (BG on left, sprite on right):

[Image: tdxminos.png]

As I've already noted, the Minos that make up the T and O-Tetriminos have no differences in pixels as sprites and BG objects, yet are still included in the sheet to make it seem more complete.
It's been months since I submitted this rip. Why isn't it up on the main site yet? It's time I bring this to the attention of Dazz, Ultimecia, Tonberry, RTB, or anyone else on the staff.
It needs an icon, bro.
Well, it took me long enough, but I finally scraped together some thumbnails.

[Image: tetrisdxthumb.png]

[Image: tetriminoesthumb.png]
The Icon maker might help you for the future:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=6534

There's also an In-browser icon maker:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=21132
Sorry this took over two years to get to, but it's finally up now!