The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokemon Ranger Edit/Customs sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been working on a Pokemon game (in my head Blank), which involves the characters and events from the 1st season of the anime, on a side note, apparently 6 out of 7 fish prefer Red over Ash/Satoshi, . . . >_>

I've made Ash's running frames and a couple of his throwing frames, he's lacking his backpack in the running frames, however I'm glad I didn't add em just yet (probably have them seperately so I can remove it if needed). Also, I've made(edited) the standing frames for Brock/Takeshi, Misty/Kasumi, and Gary/Ookido Green in their 1st gen clothes too.

[Image: ashsatoshi.png]
Regarding pokemon, I have an Onyx sheet started (roughly 65% finished) and Butterfree (90% finished) which i'll post up here? (maybe in the Submissions Section). Also i just found out they have a 3rd Ranger game coming out, apparently they have pidgey in it now (makes me wonder what other pkmn's they put in?)
Wow. These are a great start. I hope you do go into making this game. Smile

The only thing I really see that's wrong is that Brock's head seems too wide.
Well thanks, actually Brock was edited from his original Ranger Sprites n_n;, I only changed their outfits (ooh and I had to edit Brock's arms so he didn't have his hands in his pockets all the time). Although, now that I think about it he kind of lacks an outline and Gary over there is a pixel or 2 too tall in his frames.

I've been resizing the Pokemon sprites for days just so they're close to proportional to the charactres, and while I'm at it, thanks to all the people who took the time to rip the Pokemon Ranger sprites as well.
cool these are good !
Looking good, do you intend to give him a walk animation?
Thanks for the comments, as for walking, it's an "eventually" sorta thing, I'd probably only use walking frames for cutscenes or something of the sort.
Running FTW at the moment, I may change the way Ash's arms move when he runs (except for running down, those look good), the others don't quite suit him.

Lately, I've been working a lot on my coding skill, with what I know how to code now, I'd probably only be able to finish 65% of the game engine...lots to do.(I hate dealing with math of any sort)

On another side note, I've ripped a couple of characters and various backgrounds from Pokemon Ranger : Shadows of Almia too.